Dead Touchscreen?

Link

ithic.com
Website
www.ithic.com
Hey all,

Just had a customer report in that their touchscreen stopped working.

I had them reflash the unit, and still no go.

Anyone have any idea on troubleshooting this, is it common? I'm going to have the person RMA the unit but was hoping there is a way to prevent that process.

I walked him through the reflash process and on first boot, the touchscreen still didn't work, he couldn't calibrate it. The LCD works fine, just touch don't work.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Yeah, and my thought is this may still be one of the cables that ED was having difficulty with.

I was thinking that too, gonna have him RMA it.

This would be the first LCD Cable where the touchscreen breaks though.

Most of the time it's dust or an unproperly closed case.

Easy to find out: Can the mouse be moved with the nubs?

Yeah a piece of grit got stuck in my bezel, it stopped the touchscreen from working. Its stuck too deep for me to get it out.I must send it to ed someday. It does not stop me from playing uae 2.0 so i will send it off later.

I'm checking with him right now. Maybe he'll report here as I've given the link.

EVERYTHING IS PERFECT IT IS JUST TOUCHSCREEN.

I'm checking with him right now. Maybe he'll report here as I've given the link.
Sorry Evildragon I remember earlier this year I have got to stop using those capital letters.

This has been resolved, turns out one of the clips probably at 12 o'clock on the LCD or perhaps the 1 o'clock or 11 o'clock weren't seated all the way. It's clipped in and working fine again. Glad we could do this without an RMA. Thank you everyone for the input.

Back