Deal Or No Deal V1.1

Guyfawkes

Certified Idiot :)
Website
www.emuholic.com
I updated my homebrew game Deal or No Deal for the GP2X yesterday. This release has the following changes:
- Rewrote bankers offer code so it is much more accurate. This also fixed a major bug on UK version with the offers being below the box values.
- Made a big error with the $750 box being shown and valued at $700, duh! Now fixed.
- Rewrote audience reaction code when opening a box/case. Before it wasnt very accurate and would give very stupid reactions. Now its more dynamic and the crowd reacts to what has been opened and whats left on the boards.
- Enabled 3 more crowd reaction sounds which I forgot to do, adds a bit more variety now.​
You can download the latest full release from the GP2X Archive here. If you already have the previous version installed on your SD card and just want to download the changed files (the .gpe) you can download it here. Please feel free to send any feedback on the game via the forums. Bugs are usually fixed quickly and I am always interested in hearing new ideas.

Don't forget if you like the game please consider donating via PayPal. All donations go towards moving my site Emuholic/Emuboards to a new server which we desperately need to do. So far I have only had two donations so a big thanks to those two for supporting the game and my site. More information on how to donate is in the games readme and user guide. Thanks!

dondgp2xv1.png

Guyfawkes posted on Sep 26 2006 at 10:26 AM said:
Please feel free to send any feedback on the game via the forums. Bugs are usually fixed quickly and I am always interested in hearing new ideas.
ok i've an idea, you could add more countries.. for example switzerland... 26 suit case's and (only) 250'000 sFR to win...

perhaps add the 2nd round to the game, so you had to win before you can play the suitcase-game.

and about the interface, when the suit case's are removed, you can still "go over" them with the mouse.. you could remove this, i mean only available suit case's can be selected..

but a really great game!

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
One small request: In the highscores there is how much the player won, the highest offer from the banker and whether the player dealt or not, but there is not how much was in the player's box.

Mori - I will try and add player's box values in for a future release. Thanks for the suggestion.

michu - i am considering adding other countries in the game. not sure how far I will go with this but things such as australian version or other english speaking versions are higher on the list. non english versions are possible but would need translators and the speech would still be in english as its way too much work to change it for another language.

it shouldnt be a problem to make the cursor miss the already chosen cases, i will look into it.

oeildefeu - swapping case offer in the final stage of the game is already implemented. in the first version it was a 25% chance but i have increased it to 50% chance in v1.1. In the UK game the case swap is fairly rare so I chose to keep this method for the entire game.

BTW: Did anyone watch todays UK Deal or No Deal? It was a very entertaining game, pity he swapped the box when offered!

Beat the game on my 3rd go and won 1mil...

Kinda lost interest after that but I'll donate when I can, thanks for this anyway!

3hmm whats about a "world tour" when you added more countries? you can only choose the other countries when you won the million.. levelbased..

cheers

bacteria - thanks for bug on the 50p, i will fix this for next release.

I will also restore the US banker routines to how it was in v1.0 as his offers do not follow the ones made in the TV show. the UK version will continue using the new routine from v1.1 as this is mostly near to what is offered on the show.

new version should be ready in a day or two.

Deal or No Deal v1.2 is released, I will post the news on it when the GP2X Archive is updated. In the meantime you can download the update if you have a previous version installed from http://207.44.176.77/~admin28/DealOrNoDeal-v12update.zip.

NOTE: Please consider donating if you enjoy the game, I have spent many hours working on this game and I think the end result is worth it. All donations go towards the costs of getting a new host for my website, so far I have only received 4 donations (thanks Dodgyville, Sir Dragoon, Cakey and DisgruntleElf!). I am not forcing or expecting everyone to donate, but I expected more and so do a few people who were surprised when I told them how many people have donated. To be honest I wont bother making any more games and spend my time working on my site instead. Support your homebrew developers (if they ask) or they will bugger off and do something else! Rant over :)

This may be the last release of Deal Or No Deal for a while or for good as I am working on some other game ideas now. The game as I originally wanted it is complete, so the next releases would have been features which are not in the TV shows but add more lastability to the game. Depending on feedback I will continue working on the game after the new year once I have finished my next game for the gp2x community compo, there might also be another small game between now and the compo. If this is the last release then thanks everyone for downloading it and supporting the game, I hope you enjoyed it!

v1.2 changes are:
- Changed the US banker offer routine to how it was in v1.0. The reason for this is that the US offers with the new routine were way off what is offered on the TV show, the UK offers are mostly accurate. The US will use the old routine and the UK will use the new routine.
- Changed the number shown in UK version when the boxes are opened from £0.50 to 50p, £0.01 to 1p etc
- Fixed an error in UK version where models were saying 'I hope its blue' when you have dealt.

Back