Dealextreme Now Selling Gamebox

tkeely4777

Still Fresh
This little wonder just popped up on DealExtreme's website today. It appears to be yet another emulator box that uses the Zeebo shell and the PS2 controller shell.

From the site:

dealextreme said:
GAMEBOX Multi-Game Platform TV Video Game Console with Dual-Shock Joypad Gamepad Set (PAL/NTSC)

- Model: GBX-1001
- NTSC/PAL output
- CPU: GameBox dual-core 500MHz processor
- Memory: 128MB
- Flash: 2GB
- Game FORMATS support: MAME, CPS3, CPS2, CPS1, PGM, SFC, MD, PCECD
- Features micro SD card interface
- Support 720P (1280*720P) TV-Out
- Support media formats: RMVB, ASF, MKV, WMV, MOV, MP3, WMA, WAV. FLAC, APE, AAC, OGG
- With dual shock vibrating Joypad gamepad
- Comes with 60 Arcade games
- Plug and Play on your TV
- Powered by AC 100~240V EU plug
- Ultra low power consumption
- Package included:
- 1 * Game console
- 1 * Dual-shock gaming controller
- 1 * TV composite audio and video out cable
- 1 * 100~240V AC adapter (EU plug)

While the specs of the unit are intriguing (although let it be known: I am skeptical about the unit sporting a 'dual core' processor, as well as the promise of 720p video, considering all of the photos of the console show it only having composite), what is perhaps most tantalizing for me is the promise of PC-Engine CD emulation.

Can anyone shed some light on this thing?

EDIT: At $53.50 this thing looks too good to be true (and it probably is), but at this price I couldn't resist biting down and ordering one. Hopefully I'll be able to report back to you all on this soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks really tempting.

My old SNES isn't in too good shape anymore, the game cartridges don't hold saves, the controller buttons are getting mushy...

I will wait to see how well this thing performs, but if it can't hold 60 FPS I think I'll pass and just save up for an HTPC.

I'm actually getting excited for this thing to arrive...Also: I take back my previous comment about the 720p output. Upon taking a closer look at the pictures, it *appears* to have an HDMI port on the side of the unit.

About the CPU, it looks to be a ingenic JZ4755 which contain two mips cpu @400MHZ (certainly overclockable) one of them is the cpu, the other one is the vpu (the architecture looks like GP2X, one main cpu, and the other one for video purposes).

I ordered that gamebox, and I do hope that their creator will open source it (like they did for their ingenic based ps3 dongle), 128MB of ram it's impressive 4 times dingoo's ram.

Some extra info on that cpu:
JZ4755 specs

indask8 said:
About the CPU, it looks to be a ingenic JZ4755 which contain two mips cpu @400MHZ (certainly overclockable) one of them is the cpu, the other one is the vpu (the architecture looks like GP2X, one main cpu, and the other one for video purposes).

I ordered that gamebox, and I do hope that their creator will open source it (like they did for their ingenic based ps3 dongle), 128MB of ram it's impressive 4 times dingoo's ram.

Some extra info on that cpu:
JZ4755 specs

Where did you obtain this information about the internals of the Gamebox?

gibberish said:
you're better off going down your local flea market and picking up an xbox1 for about £5.

I don't know how readily available they are in Europe, but here in the States (in my area, at least), they are becoming increasingly difficult to find at a fair price.

If you can find one for £5, I would happily Paypal you for your cost, time and shipping if you would be interested in trying to work out a deal. ;P

(..seriously! Drop me a PM if you want to try to make this work; I could finally justify the purchase of a plug adapter! :p )

Yes I regularly see them for between £5 and £10 (sometimes with xecuters presoldered) at my local flea markets. Unfortunately I think the cost of sending one to America would reduce the bargain element quite drastically.
Prices on ebay.com look alright though. What about this? ---> http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-XBox-w-Controllers-/380306736979?pt=Video_Games&hash=item588c0c4753
Disc reading error is irrelevant if you plan on modding it anyway.

Not a bad console , people couldn't wait to get this if it had been released 2 years ago .
Now it is not such a good deal.

In other forum user post email received from gamebox factory about jamma version,now call gamebox at arcade box but the same.

Thanks for your mail and very glad you are interested in our product.

Arcade Box Jamma is designed and manufactured only our factory.It is patented for us.
But it is not mass-production now.So the price is not sure.You are informed once it is producted in a large number.

At present,arcade box is in stock.Maybe you are interesred in it,too.Attached specification of arcade box for you reference.

Arcade box specification

colour: Black and white
Size: 19cm*16cm*4cm
G.W: 980g
Memory: 128MB
Video RAM: Video RAM shared with main memory
Video Output: AV Cable.PAL/NTSC supported
Audio Output: Dual channel stereo
Expander Port: USB 2.0 device and wireless keyMac gamepad
Expansion slot: Gamepad slot, AV slot, memory stick slot
Expansion Slot: Gamepad slot, AV slot, Memory stick slot.
Power interface: 5V AC
CPU: Gamebox dual-core processor (500 MHz X2), 32-bit SDRAM memory
Graphic: Built-in graphics manipulation, zoom, wing, distortion, multi-reel
Game support
1.Game formats supported: MAME,CPS3,CPS2,CPS1,PGM,SFC,MD,PCECD
2.Build-in marco-operation-system, perfect zooming facility
3.Mega-memory card
Video Support
1.game card supported, web-downloaded supported
2.Built-in operating system, instant save, tutorial, no-battery save information, reset supported.
3.Video is viewed at maximum resolution of 720p(1280*720)supported.
4.Audio formats supported: RMVB,ASF,MKV,WMV,VOB,MOV.
Audio support: audio coder engine build-in, dual channel stereo, over 20 video output formats supported:MP3,WMA,WAV,FLAC,APE,AAC,OGG.
Power: Xpower technology is a power-saving consumption.
Consumption: utilize with less power consumption
Memory system: 32-bit SDRAM memory, video RAM shared with main memory
Video slot: TV OUT-AV OUTPUT(PAL and NTSC supported)
Gamepad: 4 gamepad supported, update to 4 wireless gamepad supported
Arcade game:mame, cps3, igs, mvs, snes, gba, md.
Others: clock built-in, calendar built-in, GB-4GB nand flash,
Operating system:
1. keyMax technology-faster speed of game pad responsiveness
2. enpreview technology-instant game video review supported
3.enautosave technology-instant gamesave support

tkeely4777 said:
Where did you obtain this information about the internals of the Gamebox?

This is just wild guess, but since that company already use a ingenic CPU on the first product they made (the P3Go dongle for PS3), I'm pretty sure they got price for buying some of them massively, and so they are using that kind of cpu also on the gamebox.

It may not Be a Ingenic jz4755, but I'm, let's say 95% sure it is (might also be a sunplus 8000 variant, I don't think it's a chinachip CC1800 since they claim that gamebox play video up to 720p (CC1800 can decode up to 1080p)).

News about this gamebox console, i discovery is based in FBA4PSP running in Ucos Os,i found in some files from minios extracted from GB by people from forum[mcleod_ideafix,jepalza thanks a lot all of then], this have all information about rom compatible, and i start to extract this info and post in this forum
URL REMOVED

This is much info i need some days to complete all 453 neogeo romset.

This now you can try neogeo roms for Final Burn Alpha this will be run, like this torrent
URL REMOVED
FBANext r451 NeoGeo ROM Collection (Neo Geo ROMs) by Lovok

I try one aleatory game from this torrent and this run ok, obvius GB only can play 453 neo game and this torrent have a lot more,so you need check if this game you want play is compatible in link above.

Some game is compatible but have diffent names or need change some files,you need check this too.

I will post rom set of all arcade games like cps1-2 and pgm in same forum.

Appreciate the enthusiasm, but links to ROM sites are not permitted on this forum. There's a lot of legal ramifications that we want to avoid.

I can smell the crap build quality from here. I'm guessing its basically another Polystation-esque console that runs a few more emulators. But i could be wrong.

As an owner, I can say: This could have been a good basis for a small arcade cabinet, but it only supports the poor PS2-like usb-gamepad that came along with the console. That's a real downside and about build quality: Well, it's mediocre at best.

WizardStan said:
Appreciate the enthusiasm, but links to ROM sites are not permitted on this forum. There's a lot of legal ramifications that we want to avoid.

Ok but you dont need remove link forum, is only have information about roms not any ilegal.

Is like to rom work on gamebox rom need match with this information.

like this rom 4 player input test need this files inside zip file.

4 player input test
4play_p1.rom
4play_s1.rom
4play_c1.rom
4play_c2.rom
4play_m1.rom
4play_v1.rom

I put link here again if this is against forum rules you can remove,but if this is forbidden i will be scared for post a youtube video here lol

Gamebox info

Now knowing more about gamebox i can test cp3 games, i made video this running.

I think is not a real performance,because is use a not valid cache file for gamebox.

Back