Default Keyring ? / Contract

tds48

As you can see from my three threads .. I am trying everything :)

1) Everytime I enable wifi, i put in the WPA key then it asks

" Enter password for default keyring to unlock"

Ive tried the admin password but no joy?

What is the password? Or should I not worry?

2) Contrast

My contrast is really high wuld love to know how to tone the colours down (Gamma settings?)

thanks

When you first setup wifi ,it will ask for your key then it will ask for a default keyring pass, this is where you can make a key for it so you would then need to enter that same key you just made everytime you want to connect to wifi ,i would recomend you choose none as the key (leave the key area blank) ,i can't remember the exact button you click but it's at the bottom right/done/finish something like that then there wont be a key for wifi meaning you can simply connect when you want ,when you choose this it will say (use unsafe storage)

From this point you will have wifi on and connected with your wifi pass ,next rightclick on the wifi icon and choose edit connections ,then choose the wireless tab ,highlight your connected wifi connection to your router ,choose edit from the right ,and when the next window opens put a tick in connect automatically (this will mean when you reboot your pandora it will simply reconnect to your network.

This is the way i do it ,but you might not want these options so just letting you know,Mind when you first setup wifi ,did you create a default keyring pass ? if you didn't and clicked finnish then it shouldn't be asking for one ,it you are at the stage where you can create one ,chose not to enter anything unless you create one ,but it sounds like you have already been typing in stuff.If you are having probs and it does need a keyring ,go back into edit connections and delete your wifi connection and start over ,just choose not to enter a keyring when it asks ,and it will say use unsafe keyring (yes) and your all set ,mind the auto connect as well.

Brightness saturation
----------------------
Right click on the desktop using your right anolog nub -choose desktop settings ,there are two sliders you can use ,the saturation one should drain some colour out for you but this only works for the background image.

You can turn down Brightness & Gamma by clicking on the pandora icon in the taskbar ,settings/lcd settings it has gamma and brightness for the entire display.

paddy said:
you can turn down brightness by clickin onthe pandora icon in the taskbar ,settings/lcd settings it has gamma and brightness for the entire display.

paddy - thank you very much for the info ...

Its this gamma screen that I dont know what I am doing .. just saw a video under ED's profile Ill watch it and see if it sheds light

but thanks I must have set the default keyring to my wpa key, thinking this is the key it was after ... doh!

Last edited by a moderator:
dflemstr said:
You need to set the GNOME keyring to use the same password as the one you log in with (if you don't use a password to log in, you should also not have a keyring password)

To remove your current keyring (so that you can create a new one with a different password), use (in a terminal):
Code:
rm ~/.gnome2/keyrings/default.keyring

Note that any keys and passwords stored in the keyring will have to be reentered.

(This post is based on the assumption that the Pandora uses the GNOME keyring system)

About the AppStore: it has some layout bugs that hopefully will be fixed eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back