Default Keyring?

Mqark

Website
www.konixmultisystem.com
When I was setting up my wifi access, I was asked to store the password in the default keyring. So I did, now whenever I boot and want to connect to the wireless network I need to enter this password again because the Network manager applet is locked out. How can I get this password remembered so I don't have to keep entering it.

Next, how to I commit changes to the OS? it seems that after each boot it forgets the settings of things like Arora's download locations, the CPU overclock speed and such that I've set. Is there a command to "save" the OS settings back to the flash or am I missing something?

I find Midori to be really bad at rendering the appstore - So I use Arora. Surely the Appstore was tested in Midori? It seems to be the default browser and yet can't render the store properly.

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

(Sent from the Pandora with an apple aluminium keyboard and USB mouse attached!)

You need to set the GNOME keyring to use the same password as the one you log in with (if you don't use a password to log in, you should also not have a keyring password)

To remove your current keyring (so that you can create a new one with a different password), use (in a terminal):
Code:
rm ~/.gnome2/keyrings/default.keyring

Note that any keys and passwords stored in the keyring will have to be reentered.

(This post is based on the assumption that the Pandora uses the GNOME keyring system)

About the AppStore: it has some layout bugs that hopefully will be fixed eventually.

Back