Pandora Demo To Show 3D Capabilities Of The Pandora

Loon

I'd love to see someone put together a demo that shows off the 3D capabilities of the Pandora.

The Pandora is the most powerful hand held gaming console currently available, it would be great to see a demo of what the Pandora is really capable of in terms of 3D gaming potential.

Even a relatively simple demo of spinning cubes / bouncing spheres running at native resolution would be enough to turn a few heads.

I'm not sure if any of the devs are able to access and use the inbuilt 3D graphics acceleration capabilities, but if anyone has reached that point and could knock up a simple demo then that would be great, could be a useful sales tool as well.

Mr Loon said:
I'd love to see someone put together a demo that shows off the 3D capabilities of the Pandora.

The Pandora is the most powerful hand held gaming console currently available, it would be great to see a demo of what the Pandora is really capable of in terms of 3D gaming potential.

Even a relatively simple demo of spinning cubes / bouncing spheres running at native resolution would be enough to turn a few heads.

I'm not sure if any of the devs are able to access and use the inbuilt 3D graphics acceleration capabilities, but if anyone has reached that point and could knock up a simple demo then that would be great, could be a useful sales tool as well.

Cpasjuste did videos of irrlicht demo and ogre demo. ioquake3 seems also a good demo of the 3D performance. then there are the others quakes, the N64 emulator...

Last edited by a moderator:
sebt3 said:
Mr Loon said:

Cpasjuste did videos of irrlicht demo and ogre demo. ioquake3 seems also a good demo of the 3D performance. then there are the others quakes, the N64 emulator...

there are also the TI demos, darkblu has some demos. There are some SDL 1.3 demoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's also a bunch of nifty little demos somewhere on the NAND. They're not overly impressive, but they're still something you can show off. I forget where they are though...

Really? I remember them being there when I first got mine but couldn't find them when I went looking last night. I wonder if they were removed in a hotfix then, to make room for more stuff. That would make sense.

If you've done the bollocks onboard compiler procedure, you'll have gotten the demo's, coz I included the packages in the list for development-related tools, and forgot to edit the list. :)

pretty sure I had them before installing all the compile on board stuff, and doesn't explain why I can't find them now.

WOOHOO! I am not crazy!
Well, I am, but not for this reason. Thanks Pleng!

Back