Developing on Pandora and Pyra

TDT

Hi all,

I was thinking a bit about this. Does anyone know about how development will work on the Pyra compared to the Pandora? I have had it on my todo list for a long, long time, to do some development on my Pandora. Since the Pyra is coming out sometime this year, I thought it may be worthwhile to start really developing more on my Pandora.

Does anyone know if development on the Pandora will translate to development on the Pyra?

Thanks

You'll know about it when you do something super exotic. As long as you don't poke hardware interfaces directly, anything that builds for the pandora should build for the pyra in some way sahpe or form, ± library versions.

I couldn't understand if you want to develop "on" Pandora/Pyra or "for" them. That might be my mistake as well.

I couldn't understand if you want to develop "on" Pandora/Pyra or "for" them. That might be my mistake as well.

Short answer, both, but mostly on the pandora itself. The goal is that anything I develop on the pandora would need minimal work to get working on the Pyra.

You'll know about it when you do something super exotic. As long as you don't poke hardware interfaces directly, anything that builds for the pandora should build for the pyra in some way sahpe or form, ± library versions.

Thanks, at most, it may just require a recompile. I may stick in the world of python/pygame/etc. Although, I have hopes of getting Mono/F#/C# working on the Pyra when it comes out.

Developing on the Pyra should not be any more complicated than on any other computer running Debian. As long as you don't require any proprietary tools that require x86, you can install and run everything you need from the Debian repositories. That's also something I'm looking forward to. I guess the other way around, building something for the Pandora that already runs on the Pyra can eventually get more complicated.

Back