GP32 DevKitAdv problems

gubber

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I have installed the devkitadv and CHN's conversion stuff and I get the following error when I try to build the GPTEST program:

C:\Djb\gp32\devkitadv\gptest>make -f Makefile
c:/djb/gp32/devkitadv/bin/arm-agb-elf-gcc -DLITTLE_ENDIAN -DGP32 -mcpu=arm9tdmi
-mtune=arm9tdmi -fexpensive-optimizations -mapcs -O3 -mstructure-size-boundary=8
-mno-thumb-interwork -fno-builtin -fno-common -fno-exceptions -finline-function
s -fomit-frame-pointer -fshort-enums -ffast-math -fshort-double -fallow-single-p
recision -ffreestanding -Ic:/djb/gp32/devkitadv/arm-agb-elf/include/gp32 -Ic:/dj
b/gp32/devkitadv/arm-agb-elf/include -c gpmain.c
c:/djb/gp32/devkitadv/bin/arm-agb-elf-gcc -Wl,-T c:/djb/gp32/devkitadv/arm-agb-e
lf/lib/lnkscript -o gptest.elf gpmain.o c:/djb/gp32/devkitadv/arm-agb-elf/lib/gp
sdk/gpstart/gpstart.o -lgpsdk -lgpgraphic -lgpmem -lgpos -lgpstdlib -lgpstdio -l
gpsound -lgpfont -lgpg_ex01
c:\djb\gp32\devkitadv\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\arm-agb-elf\3.2.2\..\..\..\..\arm-agb-e
lf\bin\ld.exe: warning: no memory region specified for section `.init'
c:\djb\gp32\devkitadv\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\arm-agb-elf\3.2.2\..\..\..\..\arm-agb-e
lf\bin\ld.exe: warning: no memory region specified for section `.fini'
lf\bin\ld.exe: warning: no memory region specified for section `.jcr'
lf\bin\ld.exe: address 0x474 of gptest.elf section .bss is not within region ram

c:\djb\gp32\devkitadv\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\arm-agb-elf\3.2.2\crtbegin.o(.fini+0x0)
: relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24 .text
c:\djb\gp32\devkitadv\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\arm-agb-elf\3.2.2\crtbegin.o(.init+0x0)
: relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24 .text
c:\djb\gp32\devkitadv\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\arm-agb-elf\3.2.2\crtend.o(.init+0x0):
relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24 .text
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [gptest.elf] Error 1

Anyone know why???
Thanks, Dave.

I *think* that you are doing the path thingy wrong, I can't explan that, but I can tell you a temp. workaround, copy all of the files in DevKitAdv\bin to your projects directory (I think that this will work) BTW, are you even sure that you are entering the right thing to compile? I thought that you needed to enter "make (name of your main c file).gxb" (without the quotes)

It take it you've extracted all the ZIP files to the same place.

Firstly, you can just type 'make' and it should work on its own.

My batch looks like this:
make
del *.o *.elf
..\emu\geepee32 /GXB=ninja.gxb

The directory is c:\devkitadv\ninja, and emu is also under that directory.

Your error is most likely the path. I'll explain it: the makefile and compiler sets assume that your files are under c:\devkitadv\. If you haven't already, open up your makefile and change

export CCBASE=c:/devkitadv

to

export CCBASE=c:/djb/gp32/devkitadv

Using forward slashes, Unix-style.

This should work, even though the errors below are unrelated to missing files ... if you've already changed CCBASE etc. then please post back, I'll look into it further.

- Rico

I have the paths set up correctly and I've changed CCBASE already.
I don't think its that.

It seems that it expects .init and .fini to be defined in lnkscripts but they aren't.

Cheers for you help

Ok finally got stuff to build.

It turns out that you need to make sure you have the right versions of the devkitadv. I foolishly downloaded the latest ones, and CHN's modification stuff obviously wasn't designed for that.

Make sure you download:

agb-win-core-r5.zip
agb-win-binutils-r4.zip
agb-win-gcc-r4.zip
agb-win-newlib-r4.zip

For the devkitadv and you should be able to compile with no problems :)
Gubber.

Back