• Pickle

Votes: 57 79.2%
  • Ari64

Votes: 57 79.2%
  • Other (Nominate and vote later)

Votes: 22 30.6%

• Total voters

droneb

Besides the main OP Team members, who else do you think should get one real Panda ASAP

nominate names and ill add em
*multiple choice enabled.
*meanwhile ill just post names i got in my head.

NOTE: IM NOT AN OFFICIAL OPTeam member so dont go kicking off the poll im just posting it to get people's opinion not to push an statement.
like what happened on my another thread.

Gruso - He's a Grubot with Pipe
Pickle - He is one of the guys behind a lot of software adjusts and those videos that kept us in high spirits
Ari64 - Epic N64 emulator dev
JayFoxROx (is this his nickname?) - Epic PSP emulator dev
Exophase - Extense know-how (though nothing good will ever come of him)

How does it make sense to send "press" an imperfect unit with early software?

The devs that get the MK0s should be the ones working on the interface and controls since thats all that really is different.
Ari64, Zod, Pickle should get one. But who's to say MW, Craig, ED, Fatih etc shouldn't get one when theres only 5.

In addition to the main project leaders...

Pickle:
For: As well as writing games, he's done quite a few ports, and it would be good to have a Pandora to test things on
Against: he already has a dev board, and there's not a lot that a final unit would help at this point

Ari64:
For: N64 emulator development
Against: already has either a dev board or a Beagleboard (can't remember which at the moment)

ZodTTD:
For: written lots of awesome emulators in the past
Against: well... I don't remember whether he has any OMAP3 hardware already, so consider him my first nominee

Squidge:
For: part of the team, written awesome emulators
Against: (no reason) - nominee 2

Can't think of any others at the moment, but anyway, you can see that I think the criteria should be 1) has a reputation for developing great software and 2) doesn't already have dev hardware, or dev hardware inadequate for some reason.

I propose that a Pandora be given to the first admin to disable polls on this forum.

Any dev who develops a great game, emulator, or some other application and gives it away for free should get a pandora

The people working behind the scenes on the OS and drivers. AFAIK these people arent getting paid. From memory I think DJWillis, Skeezix, Squidge? Exophase? Others I forget the names of like the PMenu guy etc..

What ever happened to Squidge any way?

I don't want one right now, send it to someone who will put it to better use ;p

But in a few months I might be begging for one.

Pickle is probably already getting one, since he had boards all along. I'm going to guess the same goes for Ari64 since he was offered one. drkIIRaziel should get one too, but he's probably also on the list, so..

I nominate that atomicthumbs gets a temporary press Pandora, because he hosts the unofficial blog.

I see no conflict of interest here.

(If I did get one, I could take high-res pictures: I have a good camera and a good lens. :p )

Edit:

I nominate the Grinch Engadget. Send it to them as a surprise, but include a note making clear that it's a preview prototype.

atomicthumbs said:
I nominate the Grinch Engadget. Send it to them as a surprise, but include a note making clear that it's a preview prototype.
There are only a handful of pre-production Pandoras, and they're far too useful to be sent to press. Better they go to people who can finish the software, then send units out for review with that finished software.

Hopefully, when one does go to Engadget, I'll be accompanying it personally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why isn't Notaz on the top of the list? Isn't he the guy working on the kernel and the drivers? (Which is way more important than any emulator!)

Anyway, I think this poll is silly, so I voted for all options.

Alec  said:
Why isn't Notaz on the top of the list?
Because he already has a dev board. There are half a dozen or so devs with early-model boards. Best to get these few pre-production Pandoras into the hands of devs who don't already have hardware to work with.

DroneB Dev said:
Besides the main OP Team members, who else do you think should get one real Panda ASAP

I vote for the paying customers in the pre-order list. I don't care which dev gets one, I jut want this over with. No offence.

Near-kun said:
Gruso - He's a Grubot with Pipe Sounds fine as it could be great advertisment
Pickle - He is one of the guys behind a lot of software adjusts and those videos that kept us in high spirits Why would he need another one right now? Ofcourse, it sucks that he doesn't have the analog nubs etc on his current one, but he can still work with his current one
Ari64 - Epic N64 emulator dev AFAIK he already got his beagleboard repaired - at least he has some platform to test his stuff on, a Pandora might be unnecessary
JayFoxROox (is this his nickname? yep, but the O is small too, just call me Fox next time :p ) - Epic not as Epic as you might think, PSP emulator dev Link to my response: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50896-another-delay-anyway-we-can-get-some-shipped-out-to-odevelopers-though/page__view__findpost__p__785322
Exophase - Extense know-how (though nothing good will ever come of him) Just said he doesn't want one

Not to mention that skeezix already said that these units probably won't be send to software developers yet

Exophase said:
I don't want one right now, send it to someone who will put it to better use ;p

But in a few months I might be begging for one.

Pickle is probably already getting one, since he had boards all along. I'm going to guess the same goes for Ari64 since he was offered one. drkIIRaziel should get one too, but he's probably also on the list, so..

Surely you'll want a first batch unit to port Temper?

Wait, are we talking about real Pandoras here or the 5 Pandoras recently shown in mwestons microwave ;) ?
Its only a few weeks delay at most if you ordered late and I could also imagine that the devs ordered really fast when pre-orders opened.

Chip said:
Hopefully, when one does go to Engadget, I'll be accompanying it personally.

Wouldn't bubble wrap be cheaper?

Back