Did The Queue Change For Those Who Are Reordering And Waiting Via Cc

noisome

Did the queue change for those who were the last to order (say order # 3292), and because they got the CC reorder and paid via Bank transfer be ahead of those who are still waiting for CC reorder pages?

If I paid CC and I was order #100 and now waiting for a reorder page for CC, am I now moved behind the last person to pay via Bank transfer, order #3292?

Thanks

Noisome

Noisome said:
Did the queue change for those who were the last to order (say order # 3292), and because they got the CC reorder and paid via Bank transfer be ahead of those who are still waiting for CC reorder pages?

If I paid CC and I was order #100 and now waiting for a reorder page for CC, am I now moved behind the last person to pay via Bank transfer, order #3292?

Thanks

Noisome
Everyone who ordered has kept their place in the queue, unless they cancelled their order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mithrildor said:
Why do you care? The last thing I heard was that they were going to ship when all pandora's were finished.
I doubt that, I read that they'll be releasing them in batches of 400 from the first 4000 batch. But each batch of 400 will be coming out pretty quickly after one another so it shouldn't matter.

Noisome said:
If I paid CC and I was order #100
Just out of interest, how do you know you were order #100? I don't remember any official list about queue order, and AFAIK iit wasn't easy to determine from the order number itself.

Zeno Arrow said:
Noisome said:
If I paid CC and I was order #100
Just out of interest, how do you know you were order #100? I don't remember any official list about queue order, and AFAIK iit wasn't easy to determine from the order number itself.

I don't know what number I am and I am not one of the first people, at least I don't think so. But it has been mentioned on another thread that it might've changed (source not official) and I just wanted to know.

And to those who say, who cares? Many the about 100 other people that may have the question but are afraid to ask because of jerks who say questions like these are stupid. Remind me to wear my boots if there is a Pandora convention as I have faces to mash. I will wear my nametag, so come get me.

Noisome

@Noisome
Think about it like this, the Pandora team have already suggested that those in the US will be targetted first for CC reorders. With the whole 'goods must be shipped within a month thing' that you get with credit cards, and the thing with around 400 being made for the initial shipment, those 400 people (if the whole keeping the place thing is going to work) must be either:

People who ordered off ED's website.
People who have paid by bank transfer.
People from the US who reordered by CC.

The only other way around this is if the customers waiting to replace pre-orders outside the US get a chance to do so before the first Pandoras are shipped. Chip mentioned that going through all the US CC reorders may take a couple of weeks. Assuming there are some customers in the first 400 who haven't reordered by bank transfer/ordered from ED/live in the US, this gives the Pandora team a very tight schedule to keep the pre-order order (two weeks or so).

Personally I'd just hope the team based the shipment order roughly on the place in the queue, and ship out the initial 400 units to the people high up in the list who have repaid, but the Pandora team seem to think they can pull off the whole keeping the places thing, so let's let them try.

Re-ordered mine by CC today so I don't care what number I am on the list. I'm just glad that it's been reordered and paid for. Just waiting for the postman now :)

Having assured people they would keep their place in the queue, it would not be good at this stage to go back on that.

TaG said:
Having assured people they would keep their place in the queue, it would not be good at this stage to go back on that.
Have you not learnt yet that the Pandora team are only human? They are trying their best to keep the project running as smoothly as possible, but certain factors are beyond their control (look what happened with the change in battery size for instance). If the Pandora team do as you suggest I'm all for it, but if for some reason there is a good reason to not follow the pre-order list so strictly I will be willing to listen to what that reason is. The banking fiasco is coming to a close, but it is still not quite over yet.

Zeno Arrow said:
TaG said:
Have you not learnt yet that the Pandora team are only human? They are trying their best to keep the project running as smoothly as possible, but certain factors are beyond their control (look what happened with the change in battery size for instance). If the Pandora team do as you suggest I'm all for it, but if for some reason there is a good reason to not follow the pre-order list so strictly I will be willing to listen to what that reason is. The banking fiasco is coming to a close, but it is still not quite over yet.I don't disagree, and I certainly am not dissing them, and I'm not really suggesting anything.

All I am saying is that if you make promises you need to keep them, or at least communicate effectively. They have made the choice to open this up to US customers first (for wholly understandable currency reasons), their customers have no real choice and some will not take kindly if they are penalised for not being American.

Anyway, I didn't want to make a big deal of it - just making an observation.

Back