Did You Get This Newsletter?!

DeadName

D E A D
Just got an awesome email folks! Check your inboxes!!!

Hello everyone, Craig here,

This is the last OpenPandora newsletter before we start shipping Pandora consoles to customers.

Yes, we have finally, after a lot of serious tweaking, decided the Pandora is ready to roll.

You will have already seen all the videos, the emulators, the various game ports, firefox, they are on the website if you have not.

Just before we get going, how about one more? The Pandora running a Dreamcast emulator:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gYfwtj7Mok&feature=youtube_gdata

Right, now, this email is about what happens next.

Well the Pandora is being made in Dallas, Texas, USA. We decided not to go down the usual 'Made in China' route.
It might cost a little more but we believe the level of service you will get from us will be far greater due to this.

For those of you who still want a Pandora from the first batch there is a small number (about 100) still available to
preorder, on a first come first served basis, at $330 each, if you want one email: openpandorasales@gmail.com.
These are limited to one per customer.

We are also able to offer a very limited number of consoles to web stores (less than 150), again on a first come basis.

There won't be another batch until 2010.

So, between now and then, what's going to happen?

Currently we have 105 test mass production Pandoras, as well as numerous full pre-production Pandora consoles.
A lot of these are with developers who are working on software, you will have seen a lot of it in the videos we have posted on youtube.

In October the factory will start to populate 4000 Pandora PCBs, this will be a slow process at first
which will become substantially faster after the initial 800.
As the PCBs are completed, they are tested then put in to cases, boxed up and shipped out to you.

After we ship the first 4000 units , and before the second batch, we will then be concentrating on software
development, looking after the current customers and, well, trying to make the Pandora the best open hand held ever made.

Also consider that there is still nothing like the Pandora on the market; digital dpad, dual analogue nubs, qwerty keyboard,
800*480 touch screen, over 10 hours of battery life and lots more, we think you will really like it.

So, you can finally sit back, be happy and join the fun on the forums at http://gp32x.de/board or our fancy new
website http://openpandora.org

Thanks,

Craig and the OpenPandora team.

PS if you got this email more than once I'm really sorry, new website teething problems!

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek: I got it!

edit: wait... "Currently we have 105 test mass production Pandoras"? I thought we only had the test boards.

Woo-hoo! This is great news! I laugh at all the folks who said that the Pandora would never happen.
Well, believe it now, baby! It's happening! And I'm as giddy as a school-girl! :lol:

El Jefe said:
Craig must have meant they have 105 pandora boards...

Oh, noes! Don't tell me I got all worked up for nothing... :ph34r:

Esn said:
There's no actual "news" in there for those who've been following the forums and unofficial blog though, I think.

Currently we have 105 test mass production Pandoras
^^quotes from email
craig is using the present tense, suggesting that he actually does have them. That is big news if I'm not mistaken. However, thats just not really possible, so he must be trollin

I would have thought craig would wait until there was a video of the final unit before sending it out.

I assume he's just talking about the 105 boards. Aren't the moulds still being worked on? Or am I just behind with the times?

El Jefe said:
Esn said:
There's no actual "news" in there for those who've been following the forums and unofficial blog though, I think.

Currently we have 105 test mass production Pandoras
^^quotes from email
craig is using the present tense, suggesting that he actually does have them. That is big news if I'm not mistaken. However, thats just not really possible, so he must be trollin
We already knew that though. Those are the same 105 that the factory cranked out to prove the process, which Craig and company have been hammering (figuratively) to find problems. They reported there was none on the blog.

WizardStan said:
We already knew that though. Those are the same 105 that the factory cranked out to prove the process, which Craig and company have been hammering (figuratively) to find problems. They reported there was none on the blog.
are you sure those are 105 actual pandoras, and not just the pandora boards?

Back