Dingoo For Girlfriend?

EdCa22

I was thinking about getting a dingoo for my GF. She likes playing the odd snes game or two, and little games like tower defense, and doesn't have an mp3 player. So I was thinking it might be perfect, basically the form factor is nice - I can't see her wanting a canoo/wiz/gp2x/pandora etc but the dingoo looks quite nice and is cute and small too. I could get one and load it up with stuff before giving it to her.

BUT, how easy is it to use? She wont want to fiddle much...
How is the mp3 playback... is there a user friendly mp3 player for dingux or the native firmware? Which will support copying music and playlists easily from her windows PC
Is there a tower defense clone (a brief search didn't turn up much) as she really likes that game

I'm half tempted to get one and do some coding until I'm sure everything will work nicely, but I don't have that much time on my hands!

Is there some other device out there that might fit the bill?

Thanks!

The native firmware is very easy to use for computer illiterate people. I'd recommend you to try GBA ports of SNES games on native if you are willing to play without any slowdowns. If you decide to install legacy Dingux you can use GMU Music Player. A newer version of Dingux (OpenDingux) is going to be released soon. I'd recommend you to check out IRC or Dingoonity for more in depth information.

Thanks for the replies guys... pocketsnes looks good! And GBA emulation will be nice.

The last real question then, is does the dingoo built in music player support playlists? I've searched around and found both references to using playlists, and complaints that it doesn't support m3u... what formats can be used?

Back