Dingoo V Sansa E280 ?

ljones

Hello all,

I've not yet bought a dingoo yet but I was wondering - how well does it compare to (say) a Sansa e280 running rockbox? In particular the larger screensize and better resolution (320x240?) of the dingoo looks intresting. But what's the build quality of the dingoo like, I've read in a few places it is quite good but it dosen't look *that* resliliant.

Also is there any way to connect a USB keyboard to a dingoo? One thing that is missing (and that I'd find useful!) is this on the sansa; if only it had this function so as to make short text-based notes (there is an editor of sorts but it's not easy to use).

One final question -- I see the dingoo has an FM radio builtin - can it record off the radio, and at what quality (hopefully not at 8Khz like most cheapo china 'mp3 players!').

Thanks for any infos!

ljones

I don't get the point of this question - even though I have both. I have a rockboxed e280 as a backup (workout) mp3 player - and the Dingoo as a video game player. The Dingoo is far better for videos too.

The Sansa is better at music, and the Dingoo is far superior at playing games, period. I don't expect you'll ever see attachments for the Dingoo - since it's usb port is client only, not host. There's very limited "keyboard"usage right now, currently being studied/enabled in hatari. But you'd be dependent on homebrew that's not available.

It can record the radio, and in fact it has a mic for recording voice too - not sure at what quality though.

Hi ljones,

Just did a 4 minute 58 second recording from the Dingoos radio (recorded via the Dingoo) in High quality mode (High, Medium, Low),
And this is what I found out about the recorded file via Gspot and the file properties dialogue box in windows.

Gspot

Path: E:\RECORD\FMVOC0001.mp3
Size: 2.27 MB (2,329 KB / 2,384,896 bytes)
Container: MPEG Elementary Audio << { 1 aud }
Codec: MPEG-2 Layer 3 CBR
Info: 16000Hz 64 kb/s tot , Stereo

Properties Dialogue

Audio

Duration 00:04:58
Bitrate 64kbps
Channels 2(stereo)
Audio sample rate 16khz
Audio: MPEG Audio Layer 3 16000Hz stereo 64Kbps [Audio]

Hope this helps.

Trooper

If they think "16000Hz 64kbit/s MPeg2" is high quality then I'm concerned about their quality control department, lol. It's sad it doesn't have a mode like my Blackberry does that just saves the raw stream, that way it's actually quite small and there's no transcoding quality loss (i.e. it saves phone conversations in their original AMR format).

Hmm.....16000Hz is pretty low quality x.x so that's a big minus for the dingoo there. Even the E280 isn't that great - I have a 1970s tape recorder which has the same frequency range (For recording on the E280) but 16000Hz on the dingoo is pretty much next to useless (Remembering nyquist; so 16000/2=8000Hz - owch :-( ). Wonder if dingux can do any better?

ljones

A question I would have is there any point to sampling FM broadcast radio much higher than that? (and it is a question, not a point of argument)

I've seen listings on bitrates, etc in the past showing CD's>FM>AM>telephone, I believe...

Back