Dinguxmb V1.0

slaanesh

Certified Guru
Website
www.slaanesh.net
DinguXMB v1.0 - "A Cross Media Bar for the Dingoo A320"

Alternative Frontend and Application Launcher.

Port by Slaanesh continuing work from BooBoo's original port of GP2XMB.

dinguxmb_v1.0.png

See the README.txt for details.

Quick Guide to Contols:

Press 'A' to select
Press 'B' to cancel or go back
Press 'L' to decrease volume.
Press 'R' to increase volume.
Press 'X' to create a shortcut. You must have a valid executable currently
highlighted from the games section (see below).
Press 'SELECT' to exit. The 'main' script provides a 5 second countdown.
The intention is that you can safely use this time to switch off.

Slaanesh new homepage

NOTE: I've been told that the main script doesn't work for everyone. However I am assuming that it DOES work for somebody? Could someone confirm? Either leave a comment here or on my new homepage.
I am using the latest rootfs but a custom kernel. I've also tested with the latest kernel and it also works fine.

Download

That's true the script doesn't work for me at all. I was oblige to rename Dinguxmb tio Dmenu (shame on me, I know)to make it work. I'm using the lastest ZImage and Rootf but not the new dual boot...
Another thing. Do you think it'll be possible in text versions (not especially the 1.1) to configure the menus to use only what is need for each user ? Like disable the system configuration or the video playback...
Cheers and thanks for your hard work on Dingoo.
PS : the launching sound is a bit choppy. Is it normal or should it be my Dingoo ?

Mortys said:
That's true the script doesn't work for me at all. I was oblige to rename Dinguxmb tio Dmenu (shame on me, I know)to make it work. I'm using the lastest ZImage and Rootf but not the new dual boot...
Another thing. Do you think it'll be possible in text versions (not especially the 1.1) to configure the menus to use only what is need for each user ? Like disable the system configuration or the video playback...
Cheers and thanks for your hard work on Dingoo.
PS : the launching sound is a bit choppy. Is it normal or should it be my Dingoo ?
To double check, could you tell me the size of your rootfs file in bytes?
The startup sound is a bit choppy - I'll probably create an option to remove the splash screen anyway as it gets annoying. Most people probably just want to get straight into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!

DinguXMB looks and sounds beautiful, I think it has some potential. Still, there are rough edges everywhere and I hope I can help with naming all glitches I found:

1. Most important to me: Adding elements on the go to the shortcut-list is a nice feature, but I actually always liked the attempt to split those elements in dmenu, so something like "add to apps" "add to ports" "add to emulators" would be very much appreciated. I'd think that system could be made pretty dynamic over time, with features like adding new shortcut-submenus oneself.

2. Elements that could/should be disabled for now:
-In Settings
--Video Settings
--System Settings
--Power Save Settings
-Video (probably until someone ports mplayer or something compareable)

also, the "build-in-memory-buttons in Photo, Music, Video and Games could probably be disabled for a while.

3. snes9x, doesn't work because of missing file-browser
4. Hatari, nofrendo, sdlgnuboy, smsplus broken for some reason
5. restarting in 5 seconds... any reason for the delay? dmenu was always right back.

Somehow dmenu feels a lot more "mature" now, while dinguxmb seems to have a lot of potential.

Greetings.

main script doesn't work for me either.

rootfs
size: 21.2 MB (22,317,056 bytes)
size on disk: 21.2 MB (22,319,104 bytes)

I found a tip on how to get it working on another forum. It looks like the problem is caused by the first line in the main script

# -/bin/sh

should be

#!/bin/sh

Everything is now working for me. Thanks slaanesh

Reesy said:
main script doesn't work for me either.

rootfs
size: 21.2 MB (22,317,056 bytes)
size on disk: 21.2 MB (22,319,104 bytes)

I found a tip on how to get it working on another forum. It looks like the problem is caused by the first line in the main script

# -/bin/sh

should be

#!/bin/sh

Everything is now working for me. Thanks slaanesh
Damn, that's not good. Thanks for the find. I'll update the file archive. That's the only change for v1.01.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really nice work.But I want to add snes9x .How?It doesn't work... : (

Back