Discuss: Bristol Braille

monty

Hello all,

I'm a long term reader of the forum and 1st batch Pandora owner. The Open Pandora project in general, and its turbulant progress in particular, is one of the central inspirations behind the continuation of my own project, Bristol Braille Technology, and its product, the Quixote. We are a small, Bristol based organisation dedicated to the creation of a radically more affordable refreshable Braille display. Our aim is the promotion of literacy amongst blind people all around the world by open source means.

I'm posting this here and now because we've just launched a new forumfor public discussion of our developments, to answer questions and to take suggestions. The inspiration Open Pandora has provided and the general politeness and inventiveness among its community is my reason for posting this here. We would very much like it if anyone with an interest in open sourced hardware, assistive technology, blindness, or underdog tech start-ups would join us for some informed debate on those issues.

I look forward to that debate, and look forward to being introduced to a few of you on this forum and --- hopefully --- on ours.

Sincerely,

Ed Rogers

Director,

Bristol Braille Technology CIC

Edit: I forgot to mention, we have a short Youtube video which should make very clear what we're about.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Jbu5Lu5WHy0?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
Back