Display Issue

DrCJBoduma

Website
Visit site
Hi,

Yesterday I booted up my pandora as usual but the screen had some wierd glitches, I rebooted and all seemed well again, but then this morning the same thing happened and rebooting doesn't help, any ideas

CJ

img1754u.jpg

img1755m.jpg

Broken sword (in game)

img1756d.jpg

img1757tm.jpg

Could be another symptom of faulty LCD cable. Does it change in any way as you open and close the lid?

WizardStan said:
Could be another symptom of faulty LCD cable. Does it change in any way as you open and close the lid?

Moving the lid doesn't seem to make any difference.

CJ

PS Picture seems ok now, at least for the time being, Hmmm, very strange.
EDIT : and the problem is back again :(

Last edited by a moderator:
No, that doesn't look like the LCD cable... it looks like somehow the display has some wrong timings.
Did you try to reflash?

EvilDragon said:
No, that doesn't look like the LCD cable... it looks like somehow the display has some wrong timings.
Did you try to reflash?

Thanks for the replies,

Just reflashed, but problem persists.

CJ

DrCJBoduma said:
EvilDragon said:
Did you try to reflash?

Thanks for the replies,

Just reflashed, but problem persists.

CJ

Actually, it does look like the LCD cable. I had similar problems: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55771-fixed-color-depth-on-lcd-is-like-8bit/page__p__901749__fromsearch__1&#entry901749
You should return it to get it fixed..

zapman said:
Actually, it does look like the LCD cable. I had similar problems: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55771-fixed-color-depth-on-lcd-is-like-8bit/page__p__901749__fromsearch__1&#entry901749
You should return it to get it fixed..

Ah, interesting. Haven't seen it like that yet.

Last edited:
It started for me the same way, too. Thought the palette was set to 8bit or something.

But no - it was the LCD cable and 2 days later I also got turquoise/blue/purple tints of malfunction at different LCD angles.

The problems will only get worse. You'll have to send it back.

john4p said:
It started for me the same way, too. Thought the palette was set to 8bit or something.

But no - it was the LCD cable and 2 days later I also got turquoise/blue/purple tints of malfunction at different LCD angles.

Yup - I had the same problem.

MooTheKow said:
john4p said:

Yup - I had the same problem.
Thanks for the info, what is the plan for returns. Email craig's shop first or simple return it.

CJ

E-mail the shop you got it from first, and outline your problem. They'll then tell you what to do.

DrCJBoduma said:
Thanks for the info, what is the plan for returns. Email craig's shop first or simple return it.

CJ

Also be prepared to pay for return shipping. Go with the cheapest thing you can find since things are moving so slow you won't get a replacement back any time sooner anyways (They received my defective unit at the very start of august and I'm still without a Pandora at the moment). Shipping from the US cost me about $14.

To be honest, I'd hold out until the problem becomes unbearable before returning it. It's supposed to be a quick part replacement but clearly the parts aren't there right now. Seems mine isn't the only one that's been back there for several weeks getting this 'quick' repair done.

Wasn't ED saying he'd done a few hundred cables recently?

j.pickens said:
"Several Weeks"?
That does not sound good.
Perhaps someone from OP could fill us in on the details of the delay.

Craig might just be terribly busy. First they built 100 units in the last 1,5 weeks, then he had to pick up the cases and now he started preparing the lids for the rest of the boards.
We're just humans, please bear with us :)

Last edited:
Back