Do We Know Any Details On Second Batch?

Rayek

Recovering Sega Addict
I don't know who else is in my position at this moment, but I've been financially strained for a good while and haven't been able to save up for the Pandora in a timely fashion, at least not fast enough to meet the deadline to preorder...

The second batch... Have there been any questions or new answers regarding when preorders might be for it, aside form the "Sometime in 2009" estimate? Or if they're planning any sort of store stocking system in advance, where we won't have to wait for batches to be baked after we pay for them.

Sorry if this is redundant or impossible to answer, I thought it was worth it to post the question again regardless.

Good work, team Pandora!

-Ray

I believe it was said that pre-orders for the second batch will be accepted at the end of December

OK, thanks. Since I'm not on the forums every day, I kinda depend on Chip's list of Dev Team updates to keep up.

Any word on when we won't have to preorder from batches anymore? From what I gather, the Pandora is wildly successful, so I wouldn't think it'd be that far off.

I heard something about March, but that may be shipping. I dunno. There's no real reason pre-orders/orders for it couldn't be a certain date, but they have to make negotiations with the factory and all and that takes a little while.

I suppose it kind of has to do with how well the manufacturers do with the first batch as well. Hopefully manufacturing/shipping ll go off without a hitch.

Hopefully indeed.

Honestly, you may end up glad that you missed the first batch. Teething pains are almost inevitable. When I placed my order, I did so fully aware that things could go wrong in some way.

Point is, second batchers will inevitably benefit from the first batcher's troubles. ;) Hopefully the worst we face is software issues, but you just never know until you know.

Prophet said:
Point is, second batchers will inevitably benefit from the first batcher's troubles. ;)

That's the reason I've waited. Although I'm well aware there need to be 'first batchers' for a second batch to actually exist. Let's just hope there are no serious show-stoppers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tensuke said:
I heard something about March, but that may be shipping. I dunno.
Yep - ordering end of December and shipping March 2009 is what they have penciled in right now.

SteveM said:
Tensuke said:
I heard something about March, but that may be shipping. I dunno.
Yep - ordering end of December and shipping March 2009 is what they have penciled in right now.

The first show stopper is paypal - hopefully all preorders will be renewed. I want to have a red pandora and I don´t know for how many batches I have to wait. No matter how many batches I hope they sell out fast and I can buy the colour I want. :p

I'll probably be a second-batcher. Let's just hope that if there is a problem that a lot of the first-batchers don't start wanting refunds and such and kill the project. They knew what they were getting in to. :lol: Yeah, I'm the one who asked Craig and he said March. :pandora1:

if it werent for my parents i would have pre-ordered one from the 1st batch, but i guess its gonna be the 2nd one :(

i can wait though, as i got the money anyway ^^

Schugy said:
I want to have a red pandora and I don´t know for how many batches I have to wait. No matter how many batches I hope they sell out fast and I can buy the colour I want. :p

Then you wont buy a pandora...
I've seen some saying that say want to "professionnally" mod the pandora. I think this is your best bet.
As craig have said, custom case color will drive price up for every one...

I definitly want in on the second batch. I hate to say it, but I had to bail on the first. Not because of anything that had to do with possible software or hardware issues, but the mere fact of money and time.

I honestly can't spare the money at the moment, between just moving, and needing a new car, paying for school, and oh yeah, its a time problem too, as I need to pass the classes I am taking, and I know that if I got it soon, I certainly would lose my ability to concentrate and focus on my school work...:(

I'm kicking myself, but, I do need study time.

DSR

About Paypal... Do we really know why Paypal didn't work the first time around, and what their reasons were for halting orders? Is it something that can be fixed by the time the second batch is brewed? I had planned on using Paypal for the order since I'm making a few online sales this and next month.

Rayek said:
About Paypal... Do we really know why Paypal didn't work the first time around, and what their reasons were for halting orders? Is it something that can be fixed by the time the second batch is brewed? I had planned on using Paypal for the order since I'm making a few online sales this and next month.
I think someone (Atomicthumbs?) found a statement in their terms of service where they will not process a request for something that will not ship for 20+ days.
So, you need to find another way to pay, if possible.

Rayek said:
Any word on when we won't have to preorder from batches anymore? From what I gather, the Pandora is wildly successful, so I wouldn't think it'd be that far off.
Likely as soon as the 2nd batch arrives. Unless the Pandora does become wildly successful, it is unlikely the 2nd batch will sell out before they arrive. What doesn't sell out ahead of time will become stock, and future batches can be timed to arrive before the stock is depleted.
ingrin said:
Rayek said:
I think someone (Atomicthumbs?) found a statement in their terms of service where they will not process a request for something that will not ship for 20+ days.
So, you need to find another way to pay, if possible.That's purely speculation for now. Paypal does not individually examine every transaction they conduct. Instead they have algorithms that look for "fraud-like" activity. The sudden rush of foreign deposits probably set off alarms and the accounts were locked. This happens frequently to sellers who accept Paypal, whether they follow the ToS or not.

Chip said:
Likely as soon as the 2nd batch arrives. Unless the Pandora does become wildly successful, it is unlikely the 2nd batch will sell out before they arrive. What doesn't sell out ahead of time will become stock, and future batches can be timed to arrive before the stock is depleted.
Wanna take bets this time? :)

sebt3 said:
Then you wont buy a pandora...
I've seen some saying that say want to "professionnally" mod the pandora. I think this is your best bet.
As craig have said, custom case color will drive price up for every one...
Everyone should be everyone who wants custom colours. I really don't care about that 20 extra Euros for a gadget that I will have to look at daily over years. It's definitely worth it :)

Chip said:
That makes a lot of sense, thanks for the info. I'm wondering if the numbers for the second batch will be higher than for the first, as far as units made and units allowed to order.

Chip said:
That's purely speculation for now. Paypal does not individually examine every transaction they conduct. Instead they have algorithms that look for "fraud-like" activity. The sudden rush of foreign deposits probably set off alarms and the accounts were locked. This happens frequently to sellers who accept Paypal, whether they follow the ToS or not.
Is there some way that the Dev Team can more legitimize the operation to Paypal? Currently, that is the only way I'd be able to buy a Pandora, and I don't see my personal circumstances changing over the next two months.

Back