Does anyone here use Swish Max?

GP32 Kirby

Website
Visit site
For those who dont know, Swish Max is a 3rd party (unofficial yet commercial) Flash creation tool, which makes creating Flash movies a whole lot easier than the standard Flash creation kit (which was total hell to me..). I was wanting help on improving my skills with Swish Max (only just got it the other day) because I wanted to make a cool Flash movie, hopefully good enough to submit to newgrounds.com and get good responces :)

If anyone does help me you will get credit ;)

GP32 Kirby posted on Oct 27 2003 at 04:45 PM said:
For those who dont know, Swish Max is a 3rd party (unofficial yet commercial) Flash creation tool, which makes creating Flash movies a whole lot easier than the standard Flash creation kit (which was total hell to me..). I was wanting help on improving my skills with Swish Max (only just got it the other day) because I wanted to make a cool Flash movie, hopefully good enough to submit to newgrounds.com and get good responces :)

If anyone does help me you will get credit ;)
I use the original flash mx. It has none of the text effects, but flash mx seems easier to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swish Max's high point is the pre-loaded text/graphic/vector effects, they are amazing and there's so many of them.. my personal favorite is the water ripple which can be used for say, a grid-sliced circle.. each grid-sliced square/semi-square that makes up the circle acts as if it is a polygon, waving up n down depending on where on the whole circle it is, making it look like it's actually water.. i'll see if i can post a pic of it tonight or show you a flash example (Swish Max can import Flash as a projector exe file too :D)

Evil_Cartman posted on Oct 30 2003 at 05:03 AM said:
GP32 Kirby posted on Oct 28 2003 at 02:33 PM said:
OK. That is cool. But flash mx can do the same, it just aint a preloaded effect. So you have to do it frame-by-frame. Swish is like Flash 5 but it is more focussed on effects than flexibility.
True, but I dont think pure skill and hours of pouring sweat, blood and tears working for ultimate flexability is needed for ultra-noobs to flash, especially since Swish Max has more than enough special pre-loaded effects and additions to make up a pretty decent flash movie anyway. So I wouldnt recommend the likes of flash mx to a friend who wants to begin flash making ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back