Do you still use moviepark?

• Yes, but I also use GPCinema

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, and I don't have GPCinema

• No

• Total voters

I know it can use a wider variety of codecs than gpcinema can. Maybe that's why. I'd most likely use moviepark if there was a free version with selectable clock speeds.

bringoutthegimp posted on Aug 29 2004 at 07:12 PM said:
can the people who vote yes say why they still use it? surely its obsolete now
I use it - it may have a lower fps capability, but it's far from obsolete.
Moviepark can handle 3ivx, ffvfw, RealMagic, as well as Divx 4.12 and XVID (ANY BUILD! ) . Try them all with GPCinema and see how far you get !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dozer posted on Aug 29 2004 at 08:18 PM said:
I know it can use a wider variety of codecs than gpcinema can. Maybe that's why. I'd most likely use moviepark if there was a free version with selectable clock speeds.

Movie Park runs at 119 Mhz (I know it by Aquafish, a great coder ;)), so it's much slower than GP Cinema and you have a lot of restrictions about video and sound bitrate (128 ko/s and 10 fps for vidéo for instance whereas GP Cinema can reach at least 320 ko/s and 24 fps).

So it's completely useless to use Movie Park because his performances are much worst than GP Cinema, and I personally hate the inconvenience of the controls.

I encoded a lot of films with VirtualDub with a great sound and video, and I can now say that Matrix (fot example) at 18 fps, 256 ko/s for the video and 40 ko/s 22 050 hz is very great and FAR BETTER that any codec on Movie Park. ;)

GP Cinema POWAAA. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it quite hard to encode above 10FPS in GPCinema, because the guides are mostly for moviepark, and every time I fuck with the settings I get a shit encode.

Films that are about 90 minutes I can get 25fps. I recently encoded an old Kurt Russell film called Big Trouble in Little China and it worked a treat. I used the cropping feature to get it full screen and traded off the "decimate by 3" for lower quality mono sound but at a greater volume.

Back