Does qemu and Windows 98 respond better with faster flash media?

fnick50

Still Fresh
Hello Pandora Community,

Thank you for reading my post.  My question was about running windows 98 in qemu emulation and what could help windows run better and faster in the emulator.  Reading other post someone mentioned that the speed of the SD card reader in the Pandora has limitations and that it would be better to use a usb stick to improve the speed of games and software.  I found on Ithic website a sd card made by POLAROID 64GB SDXC CLASS 10 UHS-1 that has speeds of 50mb read speed and 35mb write speeds.  Do you think the pandora sd reader could keep up with those speeds of the polaroid 64GB or would a a usb flash stick with similar specifications be better to handle the I/O demands of the qemu emulator?  

Thanks everyone,  I plan to order the pandora 1ghz for the next shipment in December and would like some help picking the right storage media to suit my needs.

fnick50

P.S.  If anyone wanted to add their experience with the qemu emualtor and windows 98 I would be really interested to hear about it  :D  .

Thank You

Hi i testet Qemu over a long Time and yes ;)

A faster Card ist everytime better for responsing Times mean loading Times.

It dont speeds up the Main Emulation but the whole emulated System is faster reasponsible.

At last did i used a 32GB Solid State Disk over USB and that was way better than any SD Card i tested.

It help very in Speed Up loading Times and when you activate the emulated DMA Mode in Windows95-98 can you realy use it for much Games.

When you need Help with Qemu on the Pandora,just open a Thread and when i read it,will i help ;)

Thank you ingoreis for your reply and your offer to help me with my Windows 98 setup. Your post was most appreciated!

Back