Does The Wiz Need A Wiki?

sam fisher

Website
blog.peter-r.co.uk
As some of you may know I provide webhosting for the Wiz Wiki and I'm currently in the process of moving hosting providers. This process has got me thinking as to whether the Wiz Wiki is actually needed or not?

Does anyone use the Wiki since it doesn't seem to get a particularly large amount of traffic and not much love these days in terms of people contributing to it? However, that is not to say that many people haven't contributed to it and to those people I am thankful :).

I have been searching on the internet for a month for any info on the Wiz I can find, but I never saw this, is the wiki properly submitted to Google? I also think this should be a sticky somewhere. I really did not know about it.

It would be sad to see it go, but it's your expense so your decision.

The Wiz didn't seem to attract the same following the GP2X did, so of course this was reflected in all forms of user contribution. I wish GPH would have kept making the original GP2X for another year or two, it ended just as all software was getting nice and polished...

Alex. said:
It would be sad to see it go, but it's your expense so your decision.
It's not really a problem to host but wasn't sure whether people actually used it or not. Most of the activity on there seems to be spammers vandalising pages.

Orion4874 said:
I'd say condense them all into one. Do you host the GP2X Wiki? Can you merge the Wiz and Caanoo with that one?

So you'd like www.gp2xwiz.co.uk to cover both the Wiz and the Caanoo in the same wiki then?

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter R said:
Orion4874 said:
I'd say condense them all into one. Do you host the GP2X Wiki? Can you merge the Wiz and Caanoo with that one?

So you'd like www.gp2xwiz.co.uk to cover both the Wiz and the Caanoo in the same wiki then?

I'd second that, it sounds like a good idea. :) Perhaps the name and domain could be changed to something more neutral, maybe (I take no offense if you think it's horrible :p) GP2X 2nd Gen Wiki? GP2X 2G for short? www.gp2x2g.co.uk? Just throwing that out there! :lol:

Peter R said:
Hmmm, the full name of the Wiz is the GP2x Wiz. Is this true for the Caanoo also?
Yes, it seems to be.

No, I was talking about merging it with this one, http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Main_Page Keeping the whole GP2X line together.

If you're not responsible for that page then merging the Wiz and Caanoo pages together would be fine.

The Wiz/Caanoo are quite different from the GP2x so I don't see the need or benefit in condensing them together. However the Wiz and Caanoo have nearly identical hardware...

Back