Don't Panic

nubie

Recovering Jerk-A-Holic
Website
Visit site
Is there any reason we can't have this on the Pandora somewhere? I would almost rather even call the console "Don't Panic" (or Panic for short :p).

It seems to have a real following. I am guessing it is copyrighted etc, but I will do it with mine, either stencil sprayed or with vinyl.

It's a quote from a good book. Just google it.

It would be nice if the instuction manual were included with simpley this printed inside a folden peice of paper. (With user manual printed on the outside)

If you'd spent half as much time leaning to code than you spend on making up absolutely ridiculous topics like this one, you could actually be a valuable asset to the scene. This way, it seems you're still missing the "et".

Absolutely ridiculous, eh?

Shame on some people for not having read Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

See here fore more information.

Seeing that Pandora is a hyper-geeky device as it is, I can't think of a better place for "Don't Panic" to be on. Maybe it would look a bit too flashy if written in large, friendly letters on the front cover, but I'm sure a solution could be found (anyone remember the dog paw-print inside the Amiga 1000's case?)

Hey, Pandora would be the ultimate Guide to the Galaxy :D

Maltanar said:
Absolutely ridiculous, eh?

Shame on some people for not having read Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Erm, everyone knows what "Don't panic" is a reference to. We're just sick to death of air-headed posts in the Pandora forums and this topic is just one more example of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Senor Quack said:
Erm, everyone knows what "Don't panic" is a reference to. We're just sick to death of air-headed posts in the Pandora forums and this topic is just one more example of it.
Let's face it guys - with the release of the 100 beta units so close there's less and less to discuss (that hasn't been discussed before) but the excitement is mounting... So, we have to discuss something, no? So you'd be best to ignore rather than to try and fight the tide.

Personally, I preferred the idea of twin white racing stripes lined up with the SD slots (see a render on another thread). Especially on the shiny red one. Maybe a spoiler too (we could put our extra USB gadgetry in it)!

If I remember the TV show correctly the HHG looked more like an over sized Apple Newton! :)

We cant have a slide out keyboard due to licensing problems, but you think Douglas Noël Adams will sign over his rights for The Guide? Might be a problem since he is dead, and all rights belong to who nowdays? (and for 68 more years or so) Douglas himself would probably not have been to hard to persuade, considering how much "adaptations" he did to the story to start with. (you do know the first birth of the material was for a radio show? The books were made later, as the story became popular. Oh well, nvm.)
B!

jdh2550 said:
Personally, I preferred the idea of twin white racing stripes lined up with the SD slots (see a render on another thread).

10613876oj9.png

Senor Quack said:
Oh, come on. This is different. It's a double meaning here. It's perfect. How can you resist? :)

I just think it is funny all Pandora enthusiasts are taking offence to some peoples opinions. C'mon, you have the option to ignore/not read these posts. No one is forcing you. Flaming them gets no where.

Lighten up.

Too much noise? I am pretty sure it was contained to a max of two threads.

Plus the Pandora was based off this same idea, opinion. You can't just suddenly tell people not to give it. Of course, unless you wish this become some kind of communist forum?

"You give opinion when I say you can!"

Back