Doom Freezes

Dalto

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
I am having a problem with Doom that it freezes on level 2 of the commercial doom. It freezes whenever I try to grab the big blue thing outside. Everytime. :(

I tried speeding up and slowing down clock speed but that didn't help.

Can anyone help with this?

Is this with the new version? V10?

Never heard of this error before, could you have a bad wad file?

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Is this with the new version? V10?

Never heard of this error before, could you have a bad wad file?
I have tried it with both V9 and V10.

It is the standard commercial doom WAD file. I pulled it off the original 3.5" floppies in my closet last night. Do I need to modify the WAD file in some way?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, if you transferred the WAD via PCLink, that in itself may have corrupted the file. (We've heard lots of reports taht transferring big files they get corrupted)

Try transferring it via a card reader and see if that fixes it.

umm didnt someone mention that the version of doom they had crashed at level 2

and they used a different version?

I'm taking about a doom2.wad like from an earlier or later doom2 try getting 1 from a earlier period.

I have doom 2 and it dont crash on me and i use version 9

don't ask me what version of doom the wad came from i have no idea :p

:ph34r:

Also, if you transferred the WAD via PCLink, that in itself may have corrupted the file. (We've heard lots of reports taht transferring big files they get corrupted)

Try transferring it via a card reader and see if that fixes it.
Hmm...I did transfer it using PC Link, and it took a long damn time :). I will try to transfer it again via the card reader when I get home.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK...I recopied the WAD file using a card reader but I still have the same problem. It freezes when I grab the big blue thing.

Also...I noticed that when it freezes it says loading... in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Back