Release Downloaded PND's sometimes don't work?

NoeleyC

I'm finding that some PND's, no matter how many times I download, simply refuse to work on my Pandora. One which I've tried to get working was the updated version of Midori, which goes through the motions of loading, but never gets anywhere. This evening I downloaded the Garden of Coloured lights PND, it doesn't seem to want to load either. Both these PND's happily appear in the correct spots on the Xfce menu, so I assume I have the complete file. Anybody else got a similar issue?

I'm finding that some PND's, no matter how many times I download, simply refuse to work on my Pandora. One which I've tried to get working was the updated version of Midori, which goes through the motions of loading, but never gets anywhere. This evening I downloaded the Garden of Coloured lights PND, it doesn't seem to want to load either. Both these PND's happily appear in the correct spots on the Xfce menu, so I assume I have the complete file. Anybody else got a similar issue?

Did you check the log for any issues?

The log is in /tmp/ (the pnd_run-out-files)

I had this issue ALL the time when I saved a PND onto a FATxx/NTFS formatted card. Even PND's downloaded on my Pandora would be rendered useless by saving them to any card with a windows filesystem. I suggest formatting the SD to EXT2/3 and it gets rid of this problem. If you really must have a FAT/NTFS formatted card, then you can partition it and make the first partition NTFS/FAT (windows only reads 1 partition on an SD) and make another EXT2/3 partition for storing PND's.

I guess windows filesystem changes some kind of flags on the files that render them useless. I personally have all my OS/PND storage space on SD formatted as EXT3 and it always works fine. I keep another card as NTFS in case I want to copy files from a windows system (like videos for example). One small tip I can offer is to save PND's in an archive, this prevents them from getting corrupted if you have to store or move them on windows formatted media (like one of the partitions on my Passport HDD). But the instant a PND file is extracted, copied or saved on a FAT/NTFS drive, it's as good as buggered (unless you can figure out what's changed and change it back, personally I just couldn't be bothered with that hassle).

If you need help formatting/partitioning or if you find the many guides too complicated feel free to PM me and I'll try to help. My replies may be slower than usual though as I'm supposed to be recovering from illness and that means I'm not spending a lot of time on the PC, I do try to read the boards each day though. Plenty of answers are out there if you look, but I know sometimes it's a bit daunting to new linux users. I promise it's worthwhile and simple when you know how. If you do get stuck there are lots of nice people here who'll help, but I'm happy to answer simple questions if I can, and you don't think it's worth opening a new thread for. As always first port of call should be the excellent:

http://pandorawiki.org/Main_Page

Good luck!

Did you check the log for any issues?

The log is in /tmp/ (the pnd_run-out-files)

From refusing to work yesterday, Garden of Coloured lights is working fine now, I still have the issue with the following, so I'm posting the pnd_run-out files (so apologies in advnace for the long post, I don't know how to hide text on here!)

1. PC Man File Manager

=======================================================================================

PND_SCRIPT : pnd_run.sh

PND_ARGS : -p /media/KINGSTON32/pandora/menu//pcmanfm.pnd -e scripts/pcmanfm.sh -b pcmanfm

PND : /media/KINGSTON32/pandora/menu//pcmanfm.pnd

PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs

APPDATADIR : /media/KINGSTON32/pandora/appdata/pcmanfm

APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>

EXENAME : scripts/pcmanfm.sh

ARGUMENTS : <unset>

=======================================================================================

[12h05m57 START ]=== Mount the PND ==================================================

[12h05m58 INFO ] Mounting : mount -t squashfs "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/pnd/pcmanfm"

[12h05m58 INFO ] Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/KINGSTON32/pandora/appdata/pcmanfm=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/pcmanfm=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/pcmanfm"

[12h05m58 SUCCESS ]=== Mount the PND ==================================================

[12h05m59 START ]=== Starting the application (scripts/pcmanfm.sh ) =================

[12h05m59 INFO ] ** (pcmanfm:1414): DEBUG: (NULL) message

[12h06m00 INFO ] /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 387: 1414 Segmentation fault "./$EXENAME" $ARGUMENTS

[12h06m00 FAILED ]=== Starting the application (scripts/pcmanfm.sh ) =================

[12h06m00 START ]=== uMount the PND =================================================

[12h06m01 INFO ] cleanup done

[12h06m01 SUCCESS ]=== uMount the PND =================================================

Return code is : 1

2. Midori 0.3.3

PND_SCRIPT : pnd_run.sh

PND_ARGS : -p /media/KINGSTON32/pandora/menu//midori-0.3.3-1.pnd -e ./run -b midori-0.3.3

PND : /media/KINGSTON32/pandora/menu//midori-0.3.3-1.pnd

PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs

APPDATADIR : /media/KINGSTON32/pandora/appdata/midori-0.3.3

APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>

EXENAME : ./run

ARGUMENTS : <unset>

[12h09m57 START ]=== Mount the PND ==================================================

[12h09m58 INFO ] Mounting : mount -t squashfs "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/pnd/midori-0.3.3"

[12h09m58 INFO ] Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/KINGSTON32/pandora/appdata/midori-0.3.3=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/midori-0.3.3=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/midori-0.3.3"

[12h09m58 SUCCESS ]=== Mount the PND ==================================================

[12h09m59 START ]=== Starting the application (./run ) ==============================

[12h09m59 ERROR ] ls: cannot access ./plugins: No such file or directory

[12h09m59 ERROR ] ./midori.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libxcb.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[12h10m00 FAILED ]=== Starting the application (./run ) ==============================

[12h10m00 START ]=== uMount the PND =================================================

[12h10m01 INFO ] cleanup done

[12h10m01 SUCCESS ]=== uMount the PND =================================================

Return code is : 5

Last edited by a moderator:
Back