dpad right key dying

timothee

Website
Visit site
Hi there,

So after leaving my pandora aside for a couple of months (new toy in the way: galaxy s3), I picked it up again yesterday and was unhappily surprised to find the right button of the dpad nearly not working. I have to press it really hard (*consciously* hard) for it to work. In contrast up/down/left still work with a light touch as before.

That significantly affects gameplay (really hard to play stuff like Magical Drop III).

It seems after playing on it more, the responsiveness of the button varies. It alternates between being responsive again with a light touch, to back to requiring hard presses.

Has anyone else had this problem before? And do you reckon, this is something I can fix myself, without a RMA? I've returned my pandora twice in the past, I would much rather not have to do that again :(

Thanks in advance.

Tim

PS: The dpad was used heavily before, so I don't know if it's just unfortunate wear and tear :( . I played Magical Drop a lot, and at high speed, high stress, hammering the button was common. Though last I recall, I don't remember having responsiveness issues when I was still playing regularly.

That sounds like dust.

There's not much than can wear out here, it probably just got dirty while lying around.

If you remove the backside of your Pandora and carefully lift the PCB (watch the power switch!), you should be able to get to the keymat and clean it and the pad on the PCB with some alcohol or contact cleaner.

Back