Dreamcast 2?

NoidZ

Mind the world, need for panic
Website
Visit site
There are much rumours on the internet about a Dreamcast 2... Does anyone of you guys know more about this? Even IGN.com says there is something going on... :unsure:

I hope this is true cause damn... I love my Dreamcast! :)

Some links about it:

Check this first
Then check this

One link is to a news article which is over a year old and still refers to the 360 as the XBOX-2.

The other is to some idiots blog which is hosted by IGN.

I would love it happen too, but it's not going to. Ever.

unfortunatly i doubt sega will ever release another console.
The only reason they went bust was because of bad timing
came out before the ps2, not as powerful as the ps2
they had no chance of competing in the war...
it was a console that made people stop buying the n64 and ps1.
then however was ass kiked by the ps2
if only they waited and made their machine more powerful.

But why would IGN get an invitation from SEGA for nothing important??? IGN is a very important game informer though...

And why would they speak of a Dreamcast 2? Only "real" gamers would be attracted to this blog...

Can someone explain why a new SEGA console would be that great?
I mean, i love my DC and its games, but all of them could have (and often actually have) been made for any other console.

Fishbong posted on May 20 2006 at 10:12 AM said:
Can someone explain why a new SEGA console would be that great?
I mean, i love my DC and its games, but all of them could have (and often actually have) been made for any other console.
Not really. When Sega was making games for the Dreamcast, they were thinking about filling in gaps that their third-parties were missing--with the hope of creating a well-rounded game library. From that we got games like Skies of Arcadia and Chu Chu Rocket. Plus, Sega had greater sway when they were producing games for THEIR console, so their games got more hype. That let them be more adventurous with the titles they produce; they'd never spend so much on Shenmue for the PS2 or Xbox.

A new console could bring back that agressiveness that Sega had during that time, and that's why it would be so wonderful if they produced another console... but it'll never happen. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Only SEGA has good ARCADE games (which I prefer above any other kind of games) and also some very good RPG's. Dreamcast is a console which is really different then all the others and that's good. Like PS2, NGC, XBOX had much games which were the same. Only the graphics where defferent. Also the first console which had online multiplayer... :rolleyes: *thinking about the Phantasy Star Online days... :rolleyes:

NoidZ posted on May 21 2006 at 01:03 PM said:
Only SEGA has good ARCADE games (which I prefer above any other kind of games) and also some very good RPG's. Dreamcast is a console which is really different then all the others and that's good. Like PS2, NGC, XBOX had much games which were the same. Only the graphics where defferent. Also the first console which had online multiplayer... :rolleyes: *thinking about the Phantasy Star Online days... :rolleyes:
Basically you mean you are grateful for no EA support :p

Goity posted on May 21 2006 at 02:25 PM said:
NoidZ posted on May 21 2006 at 01:03 PM said:
Basically you mean you are grateful for no EA support :p

Yeah :lol:

seen this on bcc news a few days ago.....

The mention of Sega is likely to spark off memories of playing Sonic the Hedgehog on the Megadrive for many.

But those glory days are long behind a company that abandoned its console hopes in 2001, after disappointing sales of its Dreamcast machine.

Instead Sega is trying to reinvent itself as a software powerhouse, building on its iconic games and expanding its range of titles.

At last week's E3 games expo in Los Angeles, the company showcased the games it hopes will fuel its resurgence.

On its stand the latest versions of Sonic the Hedgehog and Virtua Tennis rubbed shoulders with new games like The Club and Chromehounds.

"We need our key heritage brands like Sonic, like Virtua Tennis," said Sega UK managing director Alan Pritchard.

"But we also need to bring new IP [intellectual property], new creativity, different types of gaming experiences, to the marketplace," he told the BBC News website.

Foot in the door

Sega has ambitious plans to become one of the top five games publishers, rivalling the like of Activision, Ubisoft and THQ.

full story.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4994654.stm

SONY posted on May 21 2006 at 04:09 PM said:
Vimacs posted on May 20 2006 at 02:54 AM said:
Would be great, but i highly doubt it.

I agree and if anything, SEGA would probably release a handheld console before another full blown console. :)
er, no.

The gamegear was a huge failure, and at least some of the home consoles did remotely well. If I we're them and planned on releasing another system, It would defitly be another home console.

Back