Dreamcast : to region hack or to not region hack ?

2bit

Hello , yesterday I bought a 1999 Dreamcast , 2 sega branded ( dreamcast ) controllers , a vmu , and a memory unit that can plug into the vmu slot . All for 22.50 usd $ ! My question to you is should I install the Modchip to get rid of region locks or not ?

Your opinion is much appreciated .

Sure you can. But you can also buy a special disc that allows you to run games from all regions. I have one but I think its not working anymore. Will have to buy another one.

There are still games being made for the dreamcast. I just got gunlord, its a turrican clone.Its cool. sturmwind, a 2d shooter is on the way too.

Titcher : wow ... That's a great concept . Who said the Chinese arnt capitalist ?

Wrath Of Khan : that is indeed a great price .

^^ I personally am not one for insane hs-nes but I will check the website . Thanks for the link .

FYI you can buy those SD card adapters on ebay now... Some of them even ship from the USA!

imo dreamcast is one of the all time greats in the console world. It has a superb game library considering how short its time in the spotlight was.Many games can be picked up for pennies though. I could list 20 or more worth playing.

^Soul Calibur

Is still one of my favorite fighting games ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my dreamcast--it is really the only system I still buy stuff for and regularly play. Really glad I picked up the broadband adapter during the short time Sega sold them directly. Managed to pick up a backup dreamcast at the thrift store for like $11 too...

yeah soul calibur was played to death on my dreamcast. Great game.

I just ordered the vga cable + last hope pink bullets. I got a second dreamcast as my first was damaged.apparently its an easy fix though. waiting for the cable so i can play gunlord

and then there's sturmwind...Dreamcast was what got me back into gaming after a fallow period.

I'll be digging my Dreamcast out of storage in the next few weeks. Great thread full of info! Thanks everyone!

Back