Drmd Games List

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Website
www.retrotech.one
HiDeHi Folks,

I was wondering if there's a list of games that are known working with DrMD. I have found quite a few that imediately kick me out of the emulator so far.

Here is a small list of what I currently have on my SMC & whether it works or not...

Road Rash 1 & 2 - works near perfect. Only thing I noticed with Road Rash 1 is a couple of the 'instruments' in the music aren't played. No biggie!
Wonderboy In Monsterland - Works but can get a bit choppy (use a high clock setting) & the graphics get totally messed up in places, mainly OK though.
Sonic 1 - Works fine. Only thing I remember is that in the demo (before you press start), one of the levels has a few graphics errors I think?
Sonic 2 - Works fine for me so far, but can get a bit choppy in places. Use a high clock setting if possible.
Hellfire - This worked in the previous version of DrMD, but I can't seem to get it to work in version 2??
Decap Attack - Doesn't work? I dunno if I have a bootleg rom or something, but the graphics are all messed up & it looks like a totally different game (from what is visible!).
Golden Axe 1, 2 & 3 - All seem to work perfectly for me.
Double Dragon 1 & 3 - DD3 works perfect, DD1 seems to also, but I'm not sure if the sound effects are correct? I never had DD1 for my Genesis so can't really comment, but there seems to be a lack of sound effects (as in crunching/punching noises & screams etc). Maybe thats how it was anyway?
Prince Of Persia - Seems to be perfect so far.
Robocop vs Terminator - seems to be perfect.
Mickey Mouse Castle/World of Illusion - Both seem perfect.
Alisia Dragoon - Seems perfect.
Moonwalker - perfect.
Alien Storm - Seems perfect.
Gunstar Heroes - seems perfect.
Altered Beast - perfect.
Cool Spot - Seems perfect.
James Pond 2 - Seems perfect.
Mortal Kombat 1 & 3 - seem OK.
Samurai Showdown - Seems perfect.

Thats all I can remember right now. I have more which I've tried but forget what they are (I'm at work right now, abusing the internet policy!). :unsure:

I couldn't get the following to work:

Bubsy
Bubsy2
Lemmings
Castlevania 2 3 and 4

When I get home tonight, I will download my entire rom list to an SMC and try them all. Keep yer eyes peeled for that :ph34r:

Have not tried any of these, but lemmings 2 works okay. Maybe you could play that instead...

RatchetMan

RatchetMan posted on Apr 20 2005 at 01:19 PM said:
Have not tried any of these, but lemmings 2 works okay. Maybe you could play that instead...

RatchetMan

Yeah I could try that one.

I did get worms to work on it (Has your GP32 got worms? :lol:), except for the sound during game play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funkmeister_Smith posted on Apr 20 2005 at 11:41 AM said:
Here is a small list of what I currently have on my SMC & whether it works or not...

Road Rash 1 & 2 - works near perfect. Only thing I noticed with Road Rash 1 is a couple of the 'instruments' in the music aren't played. No biggie!
Wonderboy In Monsterland - Works but can get a bit choppy (use a high clock setting) & the graphics get totally messed up in places, mainly OK though.
Sonic 1 - Works fine. Only thing I remember is that in the demo (before you press start), one of the levels has a few graphics errors I think?
Sonic 2 - Works fine for me so far, but can get a bit choppy in places. Use a high clock setting if possible.
Hellfire - This worked in the previous version of DrMD, but I can't seem to get it to work in version 2??
Decap Attack - Doesn't work? I dunno if I have a bootleg rom or something, but the graphics are all messed up & it looks like a totally different game (from what is visible!).
Golden Axe 1, 2 & 3 - All seem to work perfectly for me.
Double Dragon 1 & 3 - DD3 works perfect, DD1 seems to also, but I'm not sure if the sound effects are correct? I never had DD1 for my Genesis so can't really comment, but there seems to be a lack of sound effects (as in crunching/punching noises & screams etc). Maybe thats how it was anyway?
Prince Of Persia - Seems to be perfect so far.
Robocop vs Terminator - seems to be perfect.
Mickey Mouse Castle/World of Illusion - Both seem perfect.
Alisia Dragoon - Seems perfect.
Moonwalker - perfect.
Alien Storm - Seems perfect.
Gunstar Heroes - seems perfect.
Altered Beast - perfect.
Cool Spot - Seems perfect.
James Pond 2 - Seems perfect.
Mortal Kombat 1 & 3 - seem OK.
Samurai Showdown - Seems perfect.

Thats all I can remember right now. I have more which I've tried but forget what they are (I'm at work right now, abusing the internet policy!). :unsure:

Hellfire works perfectly in DrMD 2.0

Does it? Sorry, it must be a different (bad) rom from the last time I tried then, sorry. :D

Earthworm Jim, Ghouls n Ghosts, Shadow Dancer & Shinobi 3 (I think its 3 :blink: ) all work too by-the-way. ;)

Bubsy and Lemmings work fine for me.

You might want to "aquire" the roms from an alternate source. You may just have a bad rom.

Drewus posted on Apr 20 2005 at 01:56 PM said:
Bubsy and Lemmings work fine for me.

You might want to "aquire" the roms from an alternate source. You may just have a bad rom.

Will try them again tonight :)

I got worms with sound, it' s pretty tigh, but it miss the most important part : the ninja rope :(

BTW it would be faster to list the games that don' t run instead of the games who runs :D

Okay, here's what I found, on DrMD 2.0.

Addams Family - Works OK
Aladin - Works OK
Battle Squadron - Works OK
BerZerK - Works OK
Bubsy - Works OK
Bubsy2 - Works OK
Castlevania - The New Generation - Works OK
Cannon Fodder - Works ok
Chaos Engine - crashed DrMD
Cool Spot - Works OK
Earthwork Jim - Works OK
Frogger - Just goes to Red Screen
Ghosts'N Goblins - Works OK
James Pond - Works OK
James Pond (Robocod) - Works OK
James Pond 3 - Works OK
Lemmings - Works OK
Lemmings (The Tribes) - Works OK
Lotus 2 - Has problems with gears during gameplay
Marble Madness - Works OK
Mega-lo-mania - Works OK
Newzealand Story - Works OK
Pac-Attack - Works OK
Pacman 2 - Blank screen only
Pacmania - Works OK
Paperboy - Works with some screen colour problems
Paperboy 2 - Works OK
Sonic the Hedgehog - Works OK
Sonic 3D - Works OK
Zombies ate my neighbours - Works with some screen tearing problems
Zool - Crashed DrMD
Zoom - Works OK

These are the games I had time to test on it this evening. And basically my fave games!!!

WarmFluffyUK posted on Apr 20 2005 at 09:53 PM said:
Okay, here's what I found, on DrMD 2.0.

Addams Family - Works OK
Aladin - Works OK
Battle Squadron - Works OK
BerZerK - Works OK
Bubsy - Works OK
Bubsy2 - Works OK
Castlevania - The New Generation - Works OK
Cannon Fodder - Works ok
Chaos Engine - crashed DrMD
Cool Spot - Works OK
Earthwork Jim - Works OK
Frogger - Just goes to Red Screen
Ghosts'N Goblins - Works OK
James Pond - Works OK
James Pond (Robocod) - Works OK
James Pond 3 - Works OK
Lemmings - Works OK
Lemmings (The Tribes) - Works OK
Lotus 2 - Has problems with gears during gameplay
Marble Madness - Works OK
Mega-lo-mania - Works OK
Newzealand Story - Works OK
Pac-Attack - Works OK
Pacman 2 - Blank screen only
Pacmania - Works OK
Paperboy - Works with some screen colour problems
Paperboy 2 - Works OK
Sonic the Hedgehog - Works OK
Sonic 3D - Works OK
Zombies ate my neighbours - Works with some screen taring problems
Zool - Crashed DrMD
Zoom - Works OK

These are the games I had time to test on it this evening. And basically my fave games!!!

great!!!

thankss for the info!!!

B)

saintdragon posted on Apr 20 2005 at 09:57 PM said:
great!!!
thankss for the info!!!
B)
You're welcome, I will try and do some more soon.

Jaw posted on Apr 20 2005 at 09:59 PM said:
i've got about 90 working games on my card, i'll type em out tomorrow
Excellent, looking forward to them :)

Back