Drmd Version 3.0

R

Reesy

Hi,

New version of DrMD, this one is built using the cyclone core updated by Notaz. He has done a fantastic job and a lot of new games are now working ( Street Fighter, yeah baby!).

This version has not been processed by my hardworking team of beta testers, so I can not be sure if its a solid release. Bloody Yahoo mail kept rejecting my outgoing email so I've given up, time for a new email account I think.

Anyway you can get it from here:

DrMD Version 3.0

Later

Reesy

P.S We thought Landstalker was working but it appears there is a problem with my rendering code as none of the text appears, bummer. I shall see if I can fix this.
Also you may have problems downloading the above link in Firefox, but it seems to work fine from IE. The internet seems to hate me for some reason at the moment :)

This is the best thing posted on the Internet at 2:00 AM in a long time. Opera doesn't want to download it either, though. Guess it'll be on the File Archive soon enough - but I can't wait!

*loads up the accursed Internet Explorer*

TandeM posted on Aug 27 2005 at 11:43 AM said:
This is the best thing posted on the Internet at 2:00 AM in a long time. Opera doesn't want to download it either, though. Guess it'll be on the File Archive soon enough - but I can't wait!

*loads up the accursed Internet Explorer*

It already is. But you can always copy the link, open a new browser window and paste it, this will work.

Last edited:
Now working:
- Mutant League Hockey (didn't boot)
- Ecco/Ecco 2 (they booted before but the dolphins don't act retarded anymore, so its playable)
- Gain Ground (didn't boot)

Still no worky:
- Super Street Fighter 2 (Its really big, not sure if it can be emulated due to its size)
- Super Baseball 2020 (menus don't show 3/4 text)

Bugs Bunny in Double Trouble - now works
Chaos Engine, The - now works but scrolling is terrible
Contra: Hard Corps - still broke
Dino Dini's Soccer - still crashes
Exo-Squad - still resets
Gynoug - scoring now works properly
Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker - still complains it needs PAL/SECAM
Sol-Deace - now works
Turrican - still doesn't work

it's getting there! keep up the good work!

DRmd is an incredible emulator,it`s worth purchasing a gp32_console for that alone. All of my favourite Megadrive games work virtually flawless,now.
It will be interesting to see how this amazing piece of coding can be improved.

Great work Reesy & Co. :D

Decap Attack still doesnt work :( . Oh well, I'll just relive my childhood some other time

works now (didn't work before):

Bio-Hazard Battle (Sep 1992) (UE) [!]
Chaos Engine, The (E) [!]
Gods (JUE) [R-Eur] [!]
Lightning Force (U) [c] [!]
Lotus 2 RECS (EUJ) [!]
Lotus Turbo Challenge (EU) [!]
Pac-Man 2 - The New Adventures (U) [!] (allthough I have no clue how to control it)
Shining Force 2 (U) [!]
Shining Force (U) [!]
Top Gear 2 (U) [!]
Toy Story (4) [!]

Games not working (as before):

International Superstar Soccer Deluxe [!] (GP32 resets)
Mickey Mouse - Great Circus Mystery (U) [!] (Game freezes (not emu) after the ballons went into the air)
NHL 98 (4) [c] [!] Crashes when Game should start
Virtua Racing (U) might be a 32X game, not sure.

Too bad Comic Zone still has those graphical errors, but I guess a new cyclone core doesn't help in that regard.

Great work, thanks a lot.

I cannot confirm this. I can't see any graphical error (Comix Zone (4) [!]), it runs just fine. Slightly slow, though (FPS: 9 at 144MHz)

Horscht posted on Aug 27 2005 at 12:50 PM said:
Great! Gonna test this later.

thanks Reesy for your work. Interested in a gmail account?

Yep, that would be cool. I could use it just send out Beta's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Julius posted on Aug 27 2005 at 12:59 PM said:
Too bad Comic Zone still has those graphical errors, but I guess a new cyclone core doesn't help in that regard.

Great work, thanks a lot.

Just use a diffrent version. I think the euro version is pemanently messed. As far as I know, the version I have on my smc is perfect.

Ace game.

Reesy: invitation send to the yhoo adress we usualy get our betas from.

EDIT: just saw that the invitation was sent in german language. But you'll figure out how to sign up :D

Horscht posted on Aug 27 2005 at 01:27 PM said:
Virtua Racing (U) might be a 32X game, not sure

Virtua Racing is/was a Genesis game, however it was a very special cart that contained a DSP chip to accelerate shaded polygon rendering for the game. This particular chip was unique to this game, and has not yet been emulated in any Genesis emulator.

I have the real cart, in fact it's about twice the length of a normla Genesis cart. I used to play it often on my Nomad, which was damn cool back in the day because on that sized screen it really looked like the arcade game.

There is also 32X VR game, but it's called Virtua Racing Deluxe, and it basically includes extra tracks & cars. You can play that game very well in Gens on your PC.

Reesy - great work as usual and THANK YOU. :)

Back