Ds: Is This Plausible

taras

Mega Pandora mania
Website
taras.net
Right. The DS looks ace. Can someone tell me whether this would work, though (this would swing it for me):

Would a GBA flash cart work on a DS, and would I be able to stick GB/GBC games on the cart and play them? And emulators that are written for the GBA (NES?)

Cheers

yes, the ds is gba ompatible/it haves a gba build in. you cn use any gba stuff as on a gba.
btw i dont like the ds :)

edit: moz, no they are the same as on gba, and they are unable to reach any of the ds stuff

i probably also wont when i decide to get one.
do the ds show the gba screen on only one screen or on both? does the ds resize the gba size?

As a DS owner, I can confirm the following:

1) No, you can't play GBC or GB carts on it. DS only plays DS and GBA games. Also keep in mind the DS has no GBA link cable support, so you cannot play GBA games in mutiplayer mode.

2) Yes, you can play GBA flash carts on DS. This means emulators like PocketNES, GoomBA etc. will work fine.

3) No, you get no speed advantages from what I've noticed.

What is really nice about the DS is the screen. It's much brighter and has much crisper colors than the GBA SP for example, so GBA games really come to life on it. If the loss of GB/GBC support and GBA multiplayer doesn't matter much to you, the DS is actually better for GBA games than a GBA. :)

maybe it is because the emulator is written to go at 16 mhz or whatever gba is
if they are edited to use the full extent of the 32 mhz chip in the gba part of the ds maybe it will be faster shouldn't it

I guess the DS recognizes what is inserted and starts either in DS or GBA mode.
So it's the same speed if you play an GBA emulator on the DS or an actual GBA.

I don't know for sure, but I THINK you can't use GBA Flash Cards to put DS stuff on it - only GBA stuff.

SO the answer is I can get a flash cart and play 6 golden coins to my heart's content. And then send a drawing of Mario to a pretty girl sitting on the train. Great!

I guess the DS recognizes what is inserted and starts either in DS or GBA mode.
So it's the same speed if you play an GBA emulator on the DS or an actual GBA.

I don't know for sure, but I THINK you can't use GBA Flash Cards to put DS stuff on it - only GBA stuff.

actually when it starts up you have a shoose of a ds game, pictochat,a wierd little multiplayer thing, and a gba game

Last edited by a moderator:
i probably also wont when i decide to get one.
do the ds show the gba screen on only one screen or on both? does the ds resize the gba size?

No the DS doesn't resize the screen, the res is too close so if it did it would artifact. The Ds screen is almost the same size as the GBA screen. When GBA is displayed on it though it is window boxed, making the GBA screen a bit smaller than an actual GBA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back