Ds Sound

Bingo Jesus

GP2X Hardcore
I can't believe I'm starting a thread about this. Can any of you hear a whine from the DS speakers when it is turned on, the best time to hear this is at the menu screen when no other sounds are being played.

I have a feeling that the speakers on my DS aren't quite at par, I'm convinced that the music sounds crunchy on Advance Wars, and my speakers definitely whine. I was just wondering if this was the case with all DSs, or if I need to look at returning mine.

Both, I think once I've got the new year out of the way and once everything is back to normal I'll send an email to the shop.

YES! There is a whine! I thought I was the only person...

This only starting happening when I put my speaker volume down really low. (for 1/2 an hour)

After that, my DS speakers now sound like they are damaged (the whiney tiny nooise it now makes on startup). It sounds tinny now and is not very crystal clear as it was when I first brought it :(.

I assume you lowered your DS volume to really low also...

If you're talking about the tiny ring coming from the speakers (I had to put my ear right next to it to hear it), then I guess mine does too. But I think that's just a common side effect of inexpensive speakers.

Of course, I notice no clarity problems with sound in games, so maybe it's not the same.

i only can really notice it through headphones, it kind of sounds like my ears do the day after seeing a really loud band the night before, like a high pitched beeeeeeeeeep.

Back