Ds Supercard Question

andius

Website
Visit site
Click Here!
or Click here..again

Would this be all I need to play homebrew and backups on my Ds-lite? Are there any better solutions (without flashing my Nds) or perhaps a better/cheaper/more reliable website to order from? I'm pretty much a complete idiot when i comes to handheld things, so any help would be good :rolleyes:

I do not think the second link is quite what you want. I have a SuperCard SD (as in your first link) and a SuperKey and that is all I need to run homebrew etc.

I have just looked into this a bit more and seen that there is a new Supercard which only uses the DS card slot and does not need any patches to be applied. This maybe a better solution for you: http://www.realhotstuff.com/supercard-supercard-c-32_53.html

www.supercardstore.com, get a supercard (mini sd), a passkey, and a 1gb mini sd card from play.com, about £12. should all come to just under £65.

You live in San Fran? As in San Francisco, California? As in the United States? Then (no offense :D), but don't mind Cupk4kes.

Keep looking around RHS, it's probably the best US-local store. What do you want to play on your DS? GBA games? DS games? DS homebrew? How badly of each?

Ok, so how about the supercard lite, and the super key bundle for $72 usd, I have a place to get cheap micro sd cards near me, are there any real issues with using the supercard lite over just the normal supercard? I want a more streamlined look :p

andius posted on Dec 29 2006 at 07:13 PM said:
Ok, so how about the supercard lite, and the super key bundle for $72 usd, I have a place to get cheap micro sd cards near me, are there any real issues with using the supercard lite over just the normal supercard? I want a more streamlined look :p
get that, it's probably better actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
andius posted on Dec 29 2006 at 02:13 PM said:
The supercard lite is actually faster and more compatible (a little bit, at least) than the supercard SD or MiniSD. Get it.

iignotus posted on Dec 29 2006 at 08:44 PM said:
andius posted on Dec 29 2006 at 02:13 PM said:
The supercard lite is actually faster and more compatible (a little bit, at least) than the supercard SD or MiniSD. Get it.

Which card is best for running DS ROMs on a lite, allows the biggest capacity (I would like 4gb at least) and that doesn't stick out of the unit? I don't care about emus at all since I have that covered elsewhere, I just will run DS maybe GBA ROMs.

The esiest route are the new slot-1 only cards, like the R4, M3 Simply and Supercard DS-1.

All three take Mini-SD cards, so capacity is not an issue really. They require no fussing about with patching and so on, you just copy a clean rom over to the card and that's it. No Passkey or flashing required AFAIK.

They will not do GBA games though.

edit: naughty finger waving for piracy :)

GunPei2X posted on Dec 29 2006 at 09:58 PM said:
The esiest route are the new slot-1 only cards, like the R4, M3 Simply and Supercard DS-1.

All three take Mini-SD cards, so capacity is not an issue really. They require no fussing about with patching and so on, you just copy a clean rom over to the card and that's it. No Passkey or flashing required AFAIK.

They will not do GBA games though.

edit: naughty finger waving for piracy :)

So how would you run GBA roms too? Get another separate card for those I suppose, that starts getting a bit pricey.

Which is best out of those that you mention. I am not really into the DS scene I just want to run some "backups" :)

Sorry guys, I only know a little (don't have a DS yet, myself, just a GBASP w/Supercard SD). For better info, check out the forums here: http://scdev.org/

As to the three 1-slot cards I mentioned, from what I read it's still a toss-up. The M3 and R4 seemed better at first, but apparently the new firmware of the DS-1 has fixed a lot of its problems. R4 is the cheapest though, and they are all basically the same...

iignotus posted on Dec 29 2006 at 05:44 PM said:
You live in San Fran? As in San Francisco, California? As in the United States? Then (no offense :D), but don't mind Cupk4kes.

Keep looking around RHS, it's probably the best US-local store. What do you want to play on your DS? GBA games? DS games? DS homebrew? How badly of each?

sorry, :rolleyes: too eager to try and help sometimes without paying attention to locations, :D

The M3 strikes me as a far superior product, and the faster RAM access times allow for full-speed play of any GBA game. Supercards have serious slowdown problems on many games, and there often need to be special releases of homebrew apps to fix problems running on SC hardware for some reason...

Supercard/superkey can run gba backups but it's not recommended, way to slow loading time, and it sticks out. If you have money, I recommend the ds-x which only uses your DS slot (not gba) so it doesn't stick out and it appears great for running DS backups. (no gba backups but yeah)

I don't know about the m3 (I have supercard sd/superkey) but that appears good as well.

DS-Xtreme is a flash cart, it doesnt use SD, miniSD etc.. just 512meg of built in ram.

I have an older Supercard SD and it works great as far as I can tell, runs all GBA/DS games I have thrown at it.

I have a lite and regular DS so I am happy with that for now.

modchipstore.com seems good, and they are in the US. Sky2K is also pretty good, though it comes from Hong Kong so it will take a couple weeks in all likelihood to arrive.

Back