Dual boot OS on Pandora

CAZMIESTER

Would it be possible to run a dual boot like the dingoo on the pandora would like to try other linux builds would it be possible for ED to do a one video per day guide on this subject?. :) :D ;)

as long as there's a ARM native version of the build, I don't see why not.

Then again, I don't see why you would want to run a distro that's not adapted for the pandora.

As for the dingoo OS, maybe? but I don't see why that would be remotely useful, and I doubt anyone would want to spend a lot of time on downgrading the software of the pandora to the dingoo one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Then again, I don't see why you would want to run a distro that's not adapted for the pandora.

As for the dingoo OS, maybe? but I don't see why that would be remotely useful, and I doubt anyone would want to spend a lot of time on downgrading the software of the pandora to the dingoo one.
Hi m8 i didnt mean the actual dingoo os i just meant having the same dual boot option as the dingoo, say you start the pandora then get a choice of which os you want to boot ie angstrom,debian,unix,ubuntoo just having the choice,is it possible to boot from sd like the dingoo.

Hi m8 i didnt mean the actual dingoo os i just meant having the same dual boot option as the dingoo, say you start the pandora then get a choice of which os you want to boot ie angstrom,debian,unix,ubuntoo just having the choice,is it possible to boot from sd like the dingoo.

I've tried Debian Via SD card and it worked OK, minus the PND system was in it. You can install to the NAND, but you can run into space limitations.You need to find ARM compatible linux distributions..

I've tried Debian Via SD card and it worked OK, minus the PND system was in it. You can install to the NAND, but you can run into space limitations.You need to find ARM compatible linux distributions..
hi m8 my point is some of us are not computer literate at the best of times how about a section in the repo and apps store with all the necesary files to make this easier to install,part of the selling point of the pandora is its open well lets make it easier for noobs or newbs to install an additional os or have a dual boot option on boot a noob proof guide would be nice like the dingux one. :)

the pandora is capable of multibooting, but the problem is no other os is really ported to feel comfortable on it. Currently, debian and arch-linux are the ones working best and seriously, formating the sd, decompressing the image and booting them is a matter of minutes and well documented. the pandora has everything you need to do that. actually using those operating systems is the geeky and frustrating part for now.

No room on the NAND for dual-booting; that's why you can boot from SD cards. There's even two slots. ;)

No room on the NAND for dual-booting; that's why you can boot from SD cards. There's even two slots. ;)
AFAIK you can boot only from the left SD slot but you can use as many cards as you have.

AFAIK you can boot only from the left SD slot but you can use as many cards as you have.
Hi guys i know that just wanted what i wrote above as i thought it would be interesting if more people experimented with more ose's and maybe this would make porting specific games easier in some cases

I'm working on an android port and will also be doing a meego chrome os and ubuntu if nobody beats me to them. you'll have some choices to play with soon.

Back