Dual Nubs In Quake3?

daffy

It seems obvious to want to have analog control over left right forward back rather than just using the d pad. So use the left nub for strafe and the right for look.

Can anyone tell me how to do that? The controls config options in the game only seem to allow for choosing buttons.

daffy said:
It seems obvious to want to have analog control over left right forward back rather than just using the d pad. So use the left nub for strafe and the right for look.

Can anyone tell me how to do that? The controls config options in the game only seem to allow for choosing buttons.

I imagine you'd need some additional software of some sort just to handle converting the analog input (e.g. 232 degrees, 50%) of the nubs into the digital input (e.g. down and left) of the d-pad. No reason why it can't be done, and I may be wrong about needing external software as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't there a video showing exactly this configuration?
Maybe it was an old Quake version. There was a time when they used the FB which caused flickering in XFCE later, iirc.

I think you can put the nubs in "keypad" mode and then configure Quake for the key events ..

The nubs in keypad mode would completely defeat the purpose of this. The idea is to have smooth analog control over movement speed.

hello,

Try it by installing this version of Mozilla Firefox
(edit: removed link, just in case)

^ What exactly are you suggesting that has to do with Quake 3 and nubs? :blink:

abidleo said:
Hello Mr. Virusbot. How are you today? Nice to see you again. I hope the Mrs. is doing well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back