Duke Nukem 1 On Dosbox

NEIL L

I've downloaded Dosbox from the archive, but what files do I need to get Duke Nukem 1 to run?
I've put all the DN1, DN2 & DN3 files along with DN1.EXE, DN2.EXE, DN3.EXE, DNHINT.EXE, MENU.EXE, MENU.TXT, DUKE1.BAT, DUKE2.BAT, DUKE3.BAT & start.BAT into the duke1 folder.
But when I try to run it from Duke 1.gpe it just hangs up with a black screen.
Am I doing something wrong?

run it from a terminal to see the error message

on my Wiz it cannot find the libraries, maybe that's your problem too
a fix/solution/workaround would be appreciated :)

glezmen said:
run it from a terminal to see the error message

on my Wiz it cannot find the libraries, maybe that's your problem too
a fix/solution/workaround would be appreciated :)

which libraries?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
which libraries?

All of them :D (png, gcc, stdc++)
all the three .so files are there, but when i start it from termula, dosbox cannot find them

glezmen said:
Pickle said:
which libraries?

all the three .so files are there, but when i start it from termula, dosbox cannot find them

It doesnt work through the gpe script example i gave? by running through termula the ld paths may not be right. You could also try copying these libs in the same folder as termula.

Pickle said:
glezmen said:
Pickle said:
which libraries?

It doesnt work through the gpe script example i gave? by running through termula the ld paths may not be right. You could also try copying these libs in the same folder as termula.

i go to the dosbox directory (/mnt/sd/dosbox) and execute './stunts.gpe' (i copied Duke 1.gpe and modified it)

Neil L said:
I've downloaded Dosbox from the archive, but what files do I need to get Duke Nukem 1 to run?
I've put all the DN1, DN2 & DN3 files along with DN1.EXE, DN2.EXE, DN3.EXE, DNHINT.EXE, MENU.EXE, MENU.TXT, DUKE1.BAT, DUKE2.BAT, DUKE3.BAT & start.BAT into the duke1 folder.

I tried putting the dosbox folder into the root of the SD card and not the game folder and it ran straight away. :)
But you can't shortcut an .ini to the root. (Or can you?)

Neil L said:
Neil L said:

I tried putting the dosbox folder into the root of the SD card and not the game folder and it ran straight away. :)

dosbox doesnt use any .ini files...if you put it on at the sd card root tells me that one of your paths wasnt right wherever you had it previously

Pickle said:
Neil L said:
Neil L said:

dosbox doesnt use any .ini files...if you put it on at the sd card root tells me that one of your paths wasnt right wherever you had it previously

I had the dosbox folder in the game folder on my SD card previously, along with an .ini file:

[info]
name="Duke Nukem 1"
path="/dosbox/Duke1.gpe"

I was getting the black screen problem so I moved the dosbox folder to the root of the SD card and it ran fine.
Can I re-route the .ini to the root instead?

Neil L said:
Pickle said:
Neil L said:
Neil L said:

hm, i had a look in the .gpe file, and it refers to /mnt/sd/dosbox indeed

I had the dosbox folder in the game folder on my SD card previously, along with an .ini file:

[info]
name="Duke Nukem 1"
path="/dosbox/Duke1.gpe"

I was getting the black screen problem so I moved the dosbox folder to the root of the SD card and it ran fine.
Can I re-route the .ini to the root instead?

Back