Duke Nukem

bourbon

Website
Visit site
Idk if duke nukem's sorce code was ever released but i was thinking it would be cool to be able to play the orginal duke nukem on a gp32_console.

Bourbon

it was, but afaik it's pretty much like the original quake - loads of floating point maths which would make it extremely slow. The only reason Quake is fast now is because people are porting the I-based PocketQuake, and not the original FP-based version.

The only reason Quake is fast now is because people are porting the I-based PocketQuake, and not the original FP-based version.
PocketQuake has fixed point, but I don't think it was ever completed and it's all currently disabled in our port. The reason for the speed increase is the fantastic floating point stuff in gcc 3.4.

Oh right, I assumed the floating point to fixed point support was completed. I stand corrected :)

Maybe Duke wouldn't make such a bad port overall then !

Steve-O posted on Aug 11 2004 at 11:31 AM said:
Try Porting Duke :D
I have plans to attempt a port, but not yet as I've too many other projects. Maybe in a couple of months or so. Want to enhance and finish my C64 & Lynx emu's first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge posted on Aug 12 2004 at 07:05 AM said:
Steve-O posted on Aug 11 2004 at 11:31 AM said:
Try Porting Duke :D
I have plans to attempt a port, but not yet as I've too many other projects. Maybe in a couple of months or so. Want to enhance and finish my C64 & Lynx emu's first.
Are you cleaning up the C64 emu for the GP32 or just the Zodiac?

bourbon posted on Aug 11 2004 at 11:05 PM said:
No not duke nukem 3D im talken about the first duke nukem that was 2D. Its more like an arcade game than a shoot'em up.

Bourbon
alot of ppl seem to miss this post

Deleted User posted on Aug 12 2004 at 07:21 PM said:
bourbon posted on Aug 11 2004 at 11:05 PM said:
No not duke nukem 3D im talken about the first duke nukem that was 2D. Its more like an arcade game than a shoot'em up.

Bourbon
alot of ppl seem to miss this post
Woah, never even saw this. I have never played this game, so I can't really comment.

DaveC posted on Aug 12 2004 at 06:43 PM said:
Are you cleaning up the C64 emu for the GP32 or just the Zodiac?
The C64 emu is for the Zodiac, yes. The GP32 already has a decent C64 emu.

Try this

DukeNukem_BigPic.jpg

is it the same on the GB, the original 2 got me through primary school, that and Commander Keen...oooh and Secret Agent, anyone old enough to remember that gem? well, I say gem, I think I was young and naieve.

anyway! yep a port od duke would rule

ps it was spelt differently on the very first game

Back