Duke2x

Shaun

Before you ask, I've searched and searched. It's the Atomic Edition, and I copied all the CONs into the confiles directory and afterwards moved them into the game's root directory, didn't work either time. I downloaded somebody else's CFG file and that didn't work, and I tried clicking in the stick, no luck. Where am I going wrong...? It's just a black screen of nothingness.

The files you need are duke3d.gpe, duke3d.cfg, duke3d.grp, defs.con, game.com, user.con. All these files should be in the same folder, and all (apart from duke3d.gpe) should come from your cd (ignore the .cons included with the zip as you're using the atomic edition). If it just gives you a black screen then chances are one or more of your files are corrupt/missing.

i had the same problem, i searched for duke and found one topic that solved it (it was the .cfg) i cant find it now (im at school) but ill post a link later

Woogal/Goemon, I've done all them and I got a new CFG, but feel free to send yours. I may have found a solution actually to get this working but I'll get back to you if it is working.

p.s. One thing odd that I noticed was that the formatting of the CFG I had from the Duke3D directory was different than the formatting of the one downloaded from here. Does it make any difference?

Edit: Oh yeah... let's say I got it working and I wanted to load one of the mods (e.g. The Gate) how would I do this? Using scripts?

Yes, to load a mod you'll need to create a script to launch it. However, I've only ever tried one mod and it didn't work. Never got round to finding out why. Others might be ok though.

Back