Dumpgfx Problems

chronomitch

Still Fresh
I have used dumpgfx on a few romsets, and it has worked. Unfortunately, every so often I come across a romset that will not work with dumpgfx. For example, I can't get rbffspec (real bout fatal fury special) to work. I have renamed the the rom names in the gngeo romrc file to recognize the romset, and I left the romrc file used for dumpgfx alone because it already had the roms named correctly. To be more specific, there were three entries for rbffspec, and two had the same rom names as my set. But whenever I run dumpgfx, it says "Couldn't load rbffspec.zip." I have tried using the main romrc file with dumpgfx, but I get a whole list of errors about certain roms.

So does anyone know what the problem is? Thanks in advance.

Doh, same problem here, I get 90% of the games to work just fine, but for some, nothing I do makes them work.

I have the same problem with a few roms...maybe they are encrypted? I need to check using Kawaks because it has the option to save decrypted roms.

try getting a different rom (from a different source) and try to match them up with the romrc instead of changing it, cause as said above, it may be an encrypted, or unsupported rom.....

Back