Dvd Player Suggestions

I'm looking to buy a pair of DVD Players, and I want some recommendations from my fellow geeks.

It can be portable or for a Home Theater, but either way RCA Stereo/Composite Video(Red, White, Yellow plugs) outputs are mandatory.

Region Free is ideal, but failing that I need to be able to set the region without much trouble.

Must support playback of MP3/Xvid encoded AVI.

Support for DVD-R DL would be nice, but isn't required.

As for budget, I'd prefer to not spend more than $150 dollars for each, but I will if necessary to get what I want.

For suggestions you make, please include a link to where I can buy it online. I live in America, so please don't direct me to any online stores that don't ship to the US.

Thanks in Advance.

Jeffery Mewtamer said:
I'm looking to buy a pair of DVD Players, and I want some recommendations from my fellow geeks.

It can be portable or for a Home Theater, but either way RCA Stereo/Composite Video(Red, White, Yellow plugs) outputs are mandatory.

Region Free is ideal, but failing that I need to be able to set the region without much trouble.

Must support playback of MP3/Xvid encoded AVI.

Support for DVD-R DL would be nice, but isn't required.

As for budget, I'd prefer to not spend more than $150 dollars for each, but I will if necessary to get what I want.

For suggestions you make, please include a link to where I can buy it online. I live in America, so please don't direct me to any online stores that don't ship to the US.

Thanks in Advance.
Philips DVP642. Have it, love it. Meets all your requirements except DL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back