Dynamism Gp2x Before X-mas

LordDavon

I just wanted to let everyone know that Dynamism has let me know that this is the last day to order from Dynamism and receive a GP2X before Christmas. This is for US sales (they ship worldwide) and overnight shipping.

The cost of overnight shipping is $29 and Dynamism sells the GP2X for $179.

This would bring the total to $208 shipped in order to recieve before Christmas. Of course you can still order for after Christmas and pay only $10 for shipping, bringing the unit down to $189 shipped.

David

I feel parody, I feel irony, but why, tell me why, are you bashing cragix, one of the most awesome guys on this planet. (hey, he did bring me 2 gp2x's and a gp32, gotta count for something)

OOOOR

What is this fancy new shop I've heared nothing about?

I don't think this is bashing craigix. I haven't been around long, but I realize that craig is a great supporter of this community. Yet, if someone decides to sell GP32s or GP2Xs, that doesn't mean they don't respect craig. Look at how this community is large enough to also endorse the gp32z and gp2x.de shops.

Dynamism, itself, is not completely foreign to the community. It has supported LordDavon's andLinux project which he has said will be adapted to a distribution that will provide a native Linux programming environment for the GP2X in a way that allows people to run windows at the same time.

Dynamism is actually a pretty popular company because they import extremely small handlheld laptops like the Sony PCG-U101. Just because you never heard of them doesn't mean they're not good.

Ranma13 posted on Dec 22 2005 at 10:23 PM said:
Dynamism is actually a pretty popular company because they import extremely small handlheld laptops like the Sony PCG-U101. Just because you never heard of them doesn't mean they're not good.

Especially when they actually use public boards for advertisement, as others company do, trying to make more profit, and not supporting those by buying advertisement. Some do... some don't... i'll let you guess who's who.

This thread definitly has a smell of a stealthed ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig also had a topic about when to order to receive by christmas. Sure its promoting the store, but i wasn't aware you could buy a 2x for 10 dollars less than at most places, so im glad this was added.

Lanfear posted on Dec 22 2005 at 10:29 PM said:
Craig also had a topic about when to order to receive by christmas. Sure its promoting the store, but i wasn't aware you could buy a 2x for 10 dollars less than at most places, so im glad this was added.

you are actually earning 10 bucks, the company which is doing the adverttisement gets known, and the website you're using gets none... think that's normal ?

Tetedeiench , ive read your posts all day and i can't decide wether your a flaming troll, or just too stupid to get along with anyone else.

Tetedeiench posted on Dec 22 2005 at 10:33 PM said:
you are actually earning 10 bucks, the company which is doing the adverttisement gets known, and the website you're using gets none... think that's normal ?

One, that post makes no sense, and two, go away.

Lanfear posted on Dec 22 2005 at 11:03 PM said:
Tetedeiench , ive read your posts all day and i can't decide wether your a flaming troll, or just too stupid to get along with anyone else.

As usual. insults.

I'm just asking for users to be actually realistic, and that such posts are not made from "regular" users wanting to share classic info. No. This kind of posts are sometimes, if not usually, made by companies using public boards for advertisements. Imagine one instant you let such ad grow : you would get 100 pages of ads, and no info anymore. More : by posting such ads, commercial website are actually gaining customers, thus money. They are taking advantage of a free website popularity for their own business. And does the website earns anything ? no. Do you think that's normal ? NOT AT ALL !

So such posts should always get flamed, for they actually don't give a crap for the community anyway, yet they make profit out of it.

I've seen what a company asking friends, family, and others to post threads on website can do. I had to face one, doing that over and over. Believe me, it was nasty.

Wow... I can't believe so much was read out of a simple post. I do understand that many people are loyal to their reseller (I am not exception), but I can't believe this got this far.

First, I do not work for Dynamism, but I do work with them on some projects which means I do have a relationship with them. When I found out people could still get a GP2X before Christmas (which many people believed couldn't happen), I thought I would let people know.

Second, there is no money going into my hands for sales. If Dynamism sells 100 units or 1 unit, it doesn't affect me or andLinux in any way. andLinux is an open source project for the community and I have received no money for the project and expect that I never will. I did this project by Dynamism's request to help support GP2X and Zaurus developers. I attached their name because they will be supporting andLinux. I have received 2 GP2X's from Dynamism to test with (I already have 7 Zaurii).

Last.. well... I have been a member of these forums for over 2 years and have only spoken well of craigx. There are many resellers trying to promote the GP2X and unless we ALL embrace the competition, we are going to drive people away from buying the GP2X. We, as users and developers, need to support new sales and promote the purchase of the GP2X, not flame people when they talk about a supplier. If we don't, there may not be a GP3X!

David

P.s. Donny662, andLinux POC was released about a week ago. You can read about on its wiki page at http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/AndLinux and download/install it. It comes with the GP2X dev libs.

As usual. insults.

I'm just asking for users to be actually realistic, and that such posts are not made from "regular" users wanting to share classic info. No. This kind of posts are sometimes, if not usually, made by companies using public boards for advertisements. Imagine one instant you let such ad grow : you would get 100 pages of ads, and no info anymore. More : by posting such ads, commercial website are actually gaining customers, thus money. They are taking advantage of a free website popularity for their own business. And does the website earns anything ? no. Do you think that's normal ? NOT AT ALL !

So such posts should always get flamed, for they actually don't give a crap for the community anyway, yet they make profit out of it.

I've seen what a company asking friends, family, and others to post threads on website can do. I had to face one, doing that over and over. Believe me, it was nasty.

God, who cares? It's another company selling the GP2X. More companies selling the GP2X means more get sold, keeping GPH alive.

Allan.

hey I appreciate the dynasism post.

to me it's just more choice to buy the unit from. nothing against criag.

like muncher666 said more company selling it will only increase it's popularity.

on a hardware forum that I frequent. people ask about where to but this or that PC part and we post stores.. and no body have any problem.

I know some people hate places like Circuit City and BestBuys (including me) but would i be mad if they start to carry the gp2x? no . .. becuase that would mean more popularity of the gp2x

It would be cool if it takes off... y'know you get crappy ass ads here in the U.S. like the Vugo commercials but yeah...

Back