Edimax EW-7811UN Wi-Fi Adaptor

Dave18

Hi, I've just ordered an Edimax EW-7811UN Wi-Fi 150Mbps Mini USB Adapter as its small size would be perfect for the Pandora, my wifi chip works but is rather slow and I want a better solution. Has anyone had managed to get one of these working, if so does anything extra need to be installed?

(I did try searching the forums but just found a discussion on penis size!!!)

Thanks for any help

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a nano wifi dongle from 7day shop via amazon.co.uk. this seems to have gone but the item is still for sale here. This claims Linux compatability and indeed it worked first time without any need to load drivers. I am using HF6 which had extra drivers added.

My Pandora's internal wifi also works, sort of, it hates my Netgear router. I have a wifi bridge via a Linksys running dd-wrt which it prefers. No more singal drop outs nor constant having to enter connection details and the download speeds are as you'd expect.

So to answer your question. dunno. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
To answer my question.... it works like a charm, just plug and play and proper internet speed. It really is tiny as well.

I bought the exact same adaptor for my Raspberry Pi and it works out of the box on the Pandora using Super Zaxxon.

Picked one up on Amazon for 10 dollars, works great with both my Pandora and my Raspberry Pi.  Blue LED looks good as well!  Improves speed on the pandora significantly compared to built in wifi, at least on a CC unit.

I went out and bought the Netgear Nano USB Wifi dongle, disabled the wireless on my Verizon FIOS router and use open DNS, hooked up a  another Netgear Wireless router to the verizon router since the wireless on the verizon router sucks.  Attached the Nano USB wifi stick to the Pandora and Woohoo! the wifi speed on the pandora went up to 1.8-2.0MB/s as compared to 15.0-17.0KB/s!  Downloaded huge files in seconds!  :rolleyes:

Back