Electronia!

Akuma no Houkon

Certified Guru
Website
akuma.gp32news.com
We brought you GPSquares, and PerfectFit, now heres something new to play with!

Electronia is the third game developed by me for the GP32 platform. Its a strategic puzzle style game with multiple play modes. The inital game style was based on the PC game Rocket Mania. However it is _much_ different then Rocket Mania as you will soon find out :)

Title Screen:
ETR_Title.PNG

In Game (Classic Mode)
ETR_Screenshot.PNG

DOWNLOAD HERE

How to Play
NOTE: Unless you are in for a serious challenge, stick with Classic Mode. Arcade and Gambit mode are designed for experianced players only!! They are extremely difficult.

There are 3 modes of play, Classic, Arcade, and Gambit.

Classic Mode: The playing field (grid) is filled with tiles, these tiles need to be rotated in order to make an unbroken connection from a charged outlet, to an uncharged bulb. Sound easy?
Once you form a connection, all tiles linked to that connection are destroyed. The lights linked to in a valid connection are turned on, while all lights not in the connection are turned off (if they were on previously) allowing you to reuse those lights. New blocks fall in to replace the "destroyed" blocks. To advance to the next level, simply turn on the number of bulbs in the To Go score.

Still sound easy? Oh did I mention you have a timer working against you that slowly turns off all of the outlets (plugs) on the left side, giving you less and less possible sources as the timer wears down until eventually you have none left and lose from lack of time? Oh, I didnt? Must have slipped my mind! Haha!

Arcade Mode: The bottom 3 rows of the playing field (grid) is filled with random blocks. Blocks slowy drop from the top of the playing field (ala tetris) and, like tetris you can rotate these blocks before droping them. Game concept is the same as Classic Mode, to try and turn on as many lights as you can by forming a link from plug to bulb, (however there is no timer) and you cannot rotate the blocks once you have droped them. The game is lost once there is no room for any new blocks to drop. (this shouldnt be too confusing, its the standard tetris style with the Electronia twist)

Gambit Mode: Similar to Classic Mode in gameplay, however, you _never_ advance to a "next" level. The purpose of this mode is to see how many lights you can turn on before you eventually (because you will eventually) run out of time. However, unlike Classic Mode, whenever you turn on two or more lights you gain more time (and if you gain enough time, some plugs that were turned off, will turn back on)

In Arcade and Classic contain many game modifiers that show up slowly as the game progresses, these include things like unrotateable tiles, bulbs pre lit, entire lines of unrotateable blocks, and more! In Gambit mode, all of the modifiers are enabled from the very begining.

L Turns off music
R Turns on Music
Start Pauses game
Select + Start goes to menu
A Rotates block clockwise
B rotates block counterclockwise

Looks tight! I'll download it tonight (bosses are lurking about)

Keep up the great work man!

Finally released! Phew :)
This one was in the works for a long time (at least when compared to the previous two).

I hope everybody has as much fun playing it as we (though I can only speak for myself) had creating and testing it!

Please post your high-scores :)

Manu
pelikonepeijoonit.net

manu_pkp posted on May 5 2004 at 03:25 AM said:
Finally released! Phew :)
This one was in the works for a long time (at least when compared to the previous two).

I hope everybody has as much fun playing it as we (though I can only speak for myself) had creating and testing it!

Please post your high-scores :)

Manu
pelikonepeijoonit.net
It sucked me in for a couple hours during development. Trying to test one little thing and next thing I know I've been playing to for an hour! Now that its complete, I will be able to sit back and enjoy it a bit more. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, it looks really good. fine graphics! i try it as soon as im back from campus.

akuma, you allways made a great games, and this looks wonderfull!! i like this kind of games, really thnks.

^^

I've had the privilige of beta-testing this baby, and I must say, it kept me up all night trying to find the best tactics to get that plug to connect to that darn lamp :D I love this game, and it'll surely keep me up for many nights to come!

Thanks Akuma!

nice work! it's a shame this wasn't ready to enter the competitions, it looks really high quality.

can't wait to finish work so I can test it out

cheers!

frolik posted on May 5 2004 at 04:13 AM said:
nice work! it's a shame this wasn't ready to enter the competitions, it looks really high quality.

can't wait to finish work so I can test it out

cheers!
It could have been ready, it was really, I just didnt want to release it until AFTER the compos. So I kept tweeking it, taking my time, and now a couple days after both compos are over, I released it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant :D

Pity I'm at school and therefore can't try it out yet, but this looks amazing; I'll try it once I get home. Hopefully I won't still be trying it when the time comes next morning to go to school lol!

Excellent! Looks like the same high quality as usual :)
May I ask you which country do you live in?

Back