Electronic parts advise

Rockthesmurf

Advanced Member
Website
Visit site
I wondered if anyone here that has a knowledge of electronics would be able to help me with something. I am in the UK, and was looking for a replacement 'capacitance proximity switch' for an air conditioning unit, the existing part is a cm30-3015na. I cannot find anywhere that sells this part in the UK, although the specification can be found here:

http://www.zonzen.com/capacitance-proximity-sensor-CM30.html

From looking around, I wondered if a LJ30A3-15-Z/BX-G would be a suitable replacement:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4P-Aviation-Connector-3-Wire-DC-6-36V-NPN-NO-15mm-Inductive-Proximity-Switch-/290952771657?

To me it looks like the specification is pretty much the same, the existing part has the cable moulded into the plug, where as the possible replacement has a pin connector on the back, but it comes with a connector with cable (from the picture) so it shouldn't be a big problem. One thing I am not 100% sure on is if the existing component was a three wire (or two wire) model (my guess is that it is three wire, so matches the replacement part, but I am only basing that on the fact the old output was NPN, and the key has something about 'Three-line DC NPN output').

The air conditioner in question is actually under warranty so will be replaced/repaired, however I am aware that the warranty runs out in three months, so I am curious if I would be able to fix it myself for future reference.

For what it is worth, the unit is an Airrex HSC 3500.

Thanks.

Have the warranty repair guy come by, and ask him where to source the part in the future?

For appliances, check with a local appliance parts guy; almost everywhere on earth, there are these crappy little stores with heaps of parts, and the guy behind the counter will know _everything_. You find the right local shop, and you're good for 10 years till the guy has a stroke from beer and redneck TV.. but you need a hose, or a switch, or a compressor or something, and these guys will have something you can use, for cheap as dirt. Try it, let me know.. but I've always had amazing luck with these crazy guys :)

jeff

till the guy has a stroke from beer and redneck TV..
 sorry I don't have anything to add, but this is just so great :lol:
I was about to quote the same thing myself, made me chuckle...
check with a local appliance parts guy; almost everywhere on earth, there are these crappy little stores with heaps of parts, and the guy behind the counter will know _everything_
I will have to find one of these places, I don't know of one off hand, but hopefully there will be one kicking around in Chester, UK! Thanks for the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back