Email Subscriptions

Shirohagen

Brutal Deluxe
Website
richardho.lt
Hi Guys

I have been receiving a lot of email from GP32x recently although I don't really think my forum activity has drastically increased. I think there may have been a change happen to the email subscriptions when the board went down briefly a while back.

Ever since then I have been receiving an email for every subsequent post in any discussion I join, rather than just one until I view it. Basically rather than getting one mail until I visit and read perhaps multiple posts, I am actually getting the multiple mails for each post.

While not drastic, it is kind of annoying as the message I get through about a reply still says I won't receive any more until I visit the thread. It has meant I have had to cut my subscriptions back to avoid a torrent of email!

Has anyone else noticed this?

®

samething happends to me.
but i havent really thought much about it since it has been like that since i signed up.

but it is kind of annoying getting 30 mails about the new genesis emulator etc. ;(

Not sure - this seems like the default behaviour. Just in case, here's how to turn it off:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=02

Make sure Email Notification is turned off, or set it to a Digest to cut down on the amount of mail but still recieve it.

The main problem is when you go to post the 'Enable email notification of replies?' is probably checked. Uncheck this next time you post and it should hopefully stay unchecked, or set the box I linked above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Rico, but the way it used to behave isn't covered in these options anymore unless I can't see it for looking.

I want to participate in the threads actively so an email digest isn't really that good for me but equally loads of emails all though the day is really annoying as I'm usually at work! It used to be that you got one simple email each time the thread changed until you visited it again, can't someone reinstate that option? As I mentioned, it has led to me cutting my subscriptions in a desperate attempt to stem the flow of email to my inbox but I don't really want to be cut off from topics in this way.

We still get the
There may be more replies to this topic, but only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic. This is to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox.
message when we receive our replies but it doesn't seem to be true anymore. Is there a switch behind the scenes someone can flick?

®

Okay, to be honest, my comment was aimed more at those who had it on by default and might have wanted it off. In your case I understand you still want the functionality, and it probably was just a switch flipped over. Supposedly when the board upgraded, it was changed automatically. I've sent a PM to hando to let him know, and hopefully he'll fix it.

Hmm, it is not a common problem so it means it is rather a matter of your setings. PLease check My Controls and then [Subscriptions]>View Topics . This is the only thing I could think about. Let me know if it help.

Yeah, that's been suggested but I have never altered my settings in any way and this never used to happen, believe me the way it behaves has changed. I noticed the change a while back and there was a blip with the boards around that time when they were unavailable for a short while so I thought something technical may have happened. other people in this very thread have noticed it too...

I'm off on holiday for a week and I just know there are going to be hundreds of emails clogging up my inbox when I return. It's sad because I'm going to just have to unsubscribe from everything and take less of a part in the discussions.

®

OK, I'm back now and had over 30 emails which corresponded to only 4 threads which had actually changed. I didn't want to ban the addresses as I wanted to know what had changed while I was away and to be honest I can't really keep banning addresses etc just to manage the GP32x mail!

I guess if nothing can be done I'll live with it, but it was such a good system before I don't see why it had to change...

®

Back