Emulations: From F100 To F200

lucifershalo

Still Fresh
hello,
according to numerous posts saying that emulators working on F100 should work on F200
I put my sd cart in my new f200 machine
and tried MAME and STELLA
both emulators work but when I try to load a rom
I have a black screen and sometimes a buzzing noise and nothing else
what is happening?
thanks for your help

ps those emulators and roms were working on F100

What is the firmware of your F-200?

If it's FW 4.0.2, then MAME and some other apps will not work. You would need to update to FW 4.1.0.

Manjuu said:
What is the firmware of your F-200?

If it's FW 4.0.2, then MAME and some other apps will not work. You would need to update to FW 4.1.0.
thanks
I tried to upgrade to 4.1.0
it asks me if I want to update
I say yes
it says "now patching"
but if I restart the machine it still says 4.02 and still asks to update again
aaaaaaaaaargh :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this is from the instructions:
1. Download the firmware file
2. Decompress file and place files in the root of the SD card.
3. Turn on GP2X while holding down Select+Home
4. Firmware upgrades itself.

¡Ø Make sure you have enough battery or use the AC adapter while upgrading the firmware. If the power goes out while upgrading, it may damage the system.

Manjuu said:
Well this is from the instructions:
1. Download the firmware file
2. Decompress file and place files in the root of the SD card.
3. Turn on GP2X while holding down Select+Home
4. Firmware upgrades itself.

¡Ø Make sure you have enough battery or use the AC adapter while upgrading the firmware. If the power goes out while upgrading, it may damage the system.
yes!
working now, thanks
master of gp2x :D

Along the same basic lines... I'm running an F200 with 4.10 fw, and in PocketSNES 6.4.3 (Reesy / HeadOverHeels) I have very low volume even with the volume set to 100 in the emu. I don't believe it's a hardware issue as I have full sound in everything else I'm running. Also, I don't believe it's an issue with firmware as in both the start up and the setup it reads 4.10, and seeing as I've had a GP2X since the beginning (have an original First Edition as well as my F200), I'm fairly certain that I updated the FW properly. Has anyone else noticed this?

p B)

pariah said:
Along the same basic lines... I'm running an F200 with 4.10 fw, and in PocketSNES 6.4.3 (Reesy / HeadOverHeels) (...) Has anyone else noticed this?
Yes, there was a report in gp32spain (home of HeadOverheels) about this problem. The emulator identifies the F200 and then puts down the volume to half (firmware 4.0.0 had too high volume) If firmware 4.1.0 sets down the volume itself, PocketSnes on a F200/4.1.0 outputs sound at a quarter of the original volume. That's way too low.

The problem was identified, by Head didn't confirm that he was working on it. He doesn't own an F200, you know. Since the source code is public, you can delete the lines that identify the F200 and recompile, or identify a firmware above 4.0.0 and do not apply the sound correction in that case.

Cool. Thanks. Now I just have to set up my build environment so I CAN compile it.

yoiks...

Here we go!

Seriously though, thank you.

p B)

pariah said:
Cool. Thanks. Now I just have to set up my build environment so I CAN compile it.
You can always use an old version of PocketSnes. I think that only the very last version has the sound correction code on the F200 :)

Might do that, Juanvvc, as I have little idea of how to set up the build environment and even less --having looked at the aforementioned source-- where and what changes I would have to make. Programming made a lot more sense to me twenty-five years ago.

alas

p B)

Back