Emulators Better than NES

Fyvve

Website
Visit site
So could someone tell me which of the emulators for GP32 have better GRAFIX than NES other than SNES and Genesis/Megadrive? Ive spent some time looking around but i dont know what any of the ataris are or msx.

PCengine which is emulated by GPengine has better graphics than NES. Also Atari St, which is emulated by Castaway. Those two emulators would be a good place to start. ---- Gpengine is easier to use than Castaway for beginners.

And also the SMS/GG emus - SMS32 and fSMS (the former doesn't have savestates, but is compatible in a couple of places where the latte risn't).

And Wonderswan, of course, although the only emu we've got for that is a titchy corner-based resolution emu, and not amazingly full speed. But better GFX than the nes.

A few (not many) GBC games are too - have a look at fGB32 if you'rew interested. But considering a GBC processor is almost identical to a NES iirc, there's not a massive difference there...

I gotta echo the PC engine and Atari ST side of things. IF you've never got into atari stuff, then maybe here's a good place to start :)

sms had better graphics than nes but SUCKED!

Hmmmm - dunno about that... there were some fantastic SMS games... Wonderboy III, sonic, and loads more that I cant be bothered to list...

Back