Emulators On Dreamcast

Spadoof

Website
Visit site
Dear Readers,

I recently came across a Sega Dreamcast Game System. After looking around on the internet, I found that quite alot of homebrew, was made for the Sega Dreamcast along with Emulators. But, it seems I cannot figure out how to get them to work. What I need is either a very detailed set of instructions or a link to tutorial that starts at square one. I have no previous experience with any dreamcast software, but have messed around with psp and gp2x. Thanks for your help.

-Spadoof :gp2x

The program I always used is called selfboot inducer. I got the files from sbiffy.com but it looks like they are now at http://dchelp.net/sbi/ There is also a tutorials section which should help. I have not made any dreamcast disks since I had Win98 so I don't know how well the programs work with anything else.

dcemu should have the help you need.
The easiest way is to use Alcohol 120% with a .cdi image file. There is a Dreamcast setting that you can use to burn to a regular CD-R

Hmmm a Sega Dreamcast is quite tempting to have. But I know they are pretty difficult to get hold of nowadays. <_<

geo12 said:
dcemu should have the help you need.
The easiest way is to use Alcohol 120% with a .cdi image file. There is a Dreamcast setting that you can use to burn to a regular CD-R

Or use a free program like IMGBurn ( http://www.imgburn.com/ ).

I can't stand programs that require you to pay when there are perfectly good alternatives.

I didn't try any emulators per se (Bleemcast Gran Turismo 2 and Bleemcast beta probably don't count), but I did burn a disk full of homebrew, and a disk full of VMU card games and saves.

I have the VGA cable and highly recommend it if you have access to a 640x480 VGA screen, with Bleemcast GT2 it was the most amazing quality I have ever seen. (the frigging PS2 can't even touch it, and I owned GT4 at that time.) The anti-aliasing and blending alone was amazing, couple that with the perfect VGA output and I was in heaven.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back