Emulators

azeluk

Still Fresh
hi peeps its been ages since ive posted on here so i hope ive posted in the correct section, right im jumping back on the open source band wagon and im buying a wiz, i have a basic understanding on how certain emulators work but have no idea how the mame one works (i cant even get it to work on pc) so i was wondering if some one can direct me to i guide but also advise me if sonic the arcade plays on it. Also is there a board 2 emulator out yet that will allow the playing of sonic fighters many thanks. Azel

SegaSonic (the arcade Sonic game, 32bit system) and Sonic Fighters (Model 2) are based on fairly complex respective hardware. It's highly unlikely either will run well (if at all) on the Wiz using MAME.

Especially the Model 2 based games - Model 2 is very powerful hardware and needs a fast computer to emulate at good speeds. The Wiz is very weak compared to modern PC's.

However, using Picodrive and other emus, all the Genesis era Sonics should run perfectly, as well as the various GBA, GG, SMS Sonics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that prophet i cant wait for my wiz im really excited about it i'm guessing that all current gp2x software will work fine on the wizz.

Azel.

I think there is a list of all the games that will work on gp2x with some of the versions of mame4all ,you should just check the list for the games you want ,from what i can tell the wiz is pretty good at emulating machines up untill the playstaion era then things dont run so swimingly with bad framerates for playstation emu ,anyhoo all the best peace :) :rolleyes:

If you're talking about the first Sonic the Arcade game that is a System32 game. MAME emulates them but not a MAME version that would work well on the Wiz. I know Modeler was the first System 32 emulator. I don't know if it's portable to the Wiz. There is a Linux version though. Even if it was ported it would probably be slow as dirt since the System 32 board has a fast 32 bit cpu and 2 Yamaha FM chips.

Back