Enexfi

JyCet

Website
Visit site
Hi all,
This ENEXFI release is only to detect and fix any bug if exist (I'm sure yes :p )
A little explanation!

What it is:
A little graphical sd explorer (and little file manager).

Supported functions:
-explore a full sd (no size limit)
-explore full nand (if unlocked because it's dangerous)
-delete a file
-delete an empty folder
-copy a file (for a big one use a sd card reader)
-rename a file
-rename a folder
-move a file
-move a folder
-create a folder
-run GPE or GPU at your selected speed
-run a file with another at your selected speed
-run an assossiated file at your selected speed (look inside enexfi.efa)
-display free sd space abd sd size
-choose your start folder
-sort in 4 type (look in preference)
-display files sizes or dates or hours
-display curent folder
-2D scrolling bar
-speed choice (66MHz by default)
-repeat delay choice
-associated files support
-program to launch at enexfi quit (directly in enexfi.ini)
-keys reconfiguartion with only ABXY (directly in enexfi.ini)
-shadows setting
-skin support (./skin/yourfolder) (bg.png,fonte.png,icones.png,outils.png)
-ready for multilanguage support (./lng/yourlanguage.lng)

NO YET:
-multiselection
-delete a not empty folder
-copy a folder
-PageUp & PageDown with L & R

NEVER:
-Mouse emulation
-UNDO function

Default control:

-Start to quit (double start for a quick quit)
-Select to preference menu
-A browse or launch supported extension
-B use a tool and all validate function.
-X change tool
(planed Y for multiselection and L&R pageup&down)

Download:
ENEXFI v0.4.6 debug release only

Screenshot ? Humm yes :rolleyes:
enexfi_scr13.png

I'll not add anything before to fix any discovered bug :)
So good tracking ;)

I think it's very easy to use but dont hesitate to ask in this thread in english, or here if you speak french, for any question ;)

Regards,
JYCET

It's not really a menu replacement, I've started this software around 3 weeks ago and I know a lot of people now use Ryo's menu replacement that's why I've added a possibility to relaunch the program of your choice when you quit ENEXFI. For that edit enexfi.ini and change this line :

quit_program: /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

by :

quit_program: /mnt/sd/yourpath/yourprogram.gpe

;)

That is pretty sweet! How about joining Ryo`s gmenu2x project and merging the efforts? That would give a complete user environment with an explorer and a cool quick menu...

I've just fixed a little stupid bug in the save part and removed unused files from the zip :)
Sorry, you can reload it !
;)

Fantastic, great app :)
Just had a very quick play and here are my thoughts so far -

Scripts don't run. Looks like it switches to 200mhz, pauses for a second or two, but then it seems to drop back to 66mhz and stays on the launch screen.

I use a lot of scripts when testing stuff and often forget what the differences are between each one - is it possible to add a very basic text viewer for quickly checking which script is which?

Can there be an option to run any type of file? (I sometimes need to run apps that have no extension)

Could you make the stick button perform the launch function?. I find the stick click to be more intuitive with apps like this (I'm more used to PDAs and phones than consoles).

I was a bit confused by the file order until I went to the settings screen and switched to alphabetical. Maybe it should be alphabetical by default instead of nothing?

Well it isnt easy to do. Some people want to use Gmenu2x only some other use GPH menu and some other probably want only a simple file browser (like me, look my suggestion here http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?s=&am...st&p=361511 it's not new for me :) ) that's why i've started to code it in stand alone.
And if another person code another menu replacement it's another population.

If someone code another better file manager every body will be free to use it with his favorite menu ;)

I just give the possibility to have a "ring" softwares with what you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
@woogal
For the "RUN WITH" some app dont support it perhaps my fault or not, but some other support it with no pb like gngeo2x ;). You can select your zip and after go select your gngeo. it work.
It's the same pb with the extension association I've only found neopop which I can associate with ngp extension. I hope to find some other apps which support /absolutpath/apps.xxx /absolutpath/file.zzz cmd line.
There's no really standard in gp2x and it's little difficulte atm ;)

Pepone ask me too for a little txt viewer and I hope to integrate it one day :) (already in todo)

It's not coded like that for this moment but it's easy to add "launch anything" (go in todo)

No pb for the stick button to launch (go in todo)

Alphabetic order by default is possible to but I hope nobody ask me to put another order :D (go in todo)

how about saving the order options? Then when the people have chosen to use an alphabetical order, it will be remembered by the program and next time it starts up it will be set to alphabetical already...

The order option is already saved if you want to save it (and if it's not buggy :D ).
If I undersand correctly Woogal just ask to have alphabetic ordre by default at begining (the first launch).

JyCet posted on Sep 12 2006 at 08:39 PM said:
Well it isnt easy to do. Some people want to use Gmenu2x only some other use GPH menu and some other probably want only a simple file browser (like me, look my suggestion here http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?s=&am...st&p=361511 it's not new for me :) ) that's why i've started to code it in stand alone.

If someone code another better file manager every body will be free to use it with his favorite menu ;)

Cool a good file manager is welcome. I think it is good as a separate module like you did.

To those saying to integrate with Gmenu that would just make the loading longer everytime. With a module like this you only need to load when you want, much better.

Will this support a RAMdisk? That would be a cool function for copying stuff from one SD to another when not near a PC.

So for example if you want to give a friend a program or something and you are not near a computer you could copy app/folder to RAM, swap SD cards, then copy to friend's SD. Of course you would be limited by RAM size but you can still use it to do many things.

DaveC posted on Sep 13 2006 at 04:38 AM said:
JyCet posted on Sep 12 2006 at 08:39 PM said:

Cool a good file manager is welcome. I think it is good as a separate module like you did.

To those saying to integrate with Gmenu that would just make the loading longer everytime. With a module like this you only need to load when you want, much better.

Will this support a RAMdisk? That would be a cool function for copying stuff from one SD to another when not near a PC.

So for example if you want to give a friend a program or something and you are not near a computer you could copy app/folder to RAM, swap SD cards, then copy to friend's SD. Of course you would be limited by RAM size but you can still use it to do many things.
why not just copy it to the nand?
works great.

Nand have limited Read/write time life like SD RAM has not this limited time

I dont know how can I code RAMdisk today but it's good idea to share some files :D

NAND is reserved to GP2X firmware, write other thing inside is bad for component life.

There's nothing wrong with using the space in /mnt/nand to copy files around. No danger of messing up anything important, and the number of writes will be that low that the nand would still have a lifespan of several decades.

woogal posted on Sep 13 2006 at 06:20 PM said:
There's nothing wrong with using the space in /mnt/nand to copy files around. No danger of messing up anything important, and the number of writes will be that low that the nand would still have a lifespan of several decades.

I prefere to use SDRAM, I can now check how many free ram we have ... and I saw lot strange thing in my prog with that.

Back