ENU: Nim with Godot... Turtle/designer pencil in 3D

FBnil

They'll own everything and be miserable.
Draw a square in either classic or object oriented ways:

Code:
forward 10
right 10
back 10
left 10

or:

4.times:
  forward 10
  turn_right()

Interested to see how it looks like? Just look at the images in the github page:

Want to try it out? Download a build!

Last edited:
Meh, Logo died a good death in the 80s, and I don't really see the need to revive it now. I'm interested in your declaration that it supports and object oriented way of working, unless you mean that's your 4.times approach, which does appear to use function call statements rather than raw imperative commands, but that doesn't feel like it's using the power of objects to me.

It's the 4.times, where 4 is not just a number, but an object that has a "times" function. It uses NIM (when you press play on the video, rewind to zero to see NIM explained).

Logo is a niche application, a big group is kids that are discovering computers. You might have grown out of it, and this one is 3D. Good for thinking in 3D, if you are a bit nerdy, but not good with a 3D pencil (those where you can doodle in the air and build things out of plastic) but this is a nice way to wet your feet.
I do not feel it is "dead", it's just that there are a lot of other things to design in (like procedural drawing in minecraft) or in Gimp (although I do not understand scheme, so I'll never touch it, probably; I'm still glad it is there)

My logo/turtle was Designer Pencil:

I learned about making circles and translating (moving) them created a spiral. (a bit like earth's orbit, which is also a spiral)

pedantic mode on ;)

In order to say it's dead, a few things need to happen:

1. Tell MIT that they need to take down this page:

2. Edit Wikipedia from "Logo is an educational programming language, designed in 1967" into "Logo was an educational programming language, designed in 1967".

3. And of course, tell us all about that Logo is dead by using meme's (the modern way of communication - text is so passé):

Last edited:
After something's died a death it doesn't mean to say it's dead.

Okay if integers like 4 have a times function, does that code snippet (the forward and the turn_right() call) go into the times function as well, or is it just a bit of language magic that tells it to repeat to the next language division the integer number of times? And what does the language division look like, how do you mark the end of whatever you want to do n times? Oh, I see now looking at the github page it's indentation controlled, meaning your example above won't work right when you built it.

Oh, I see now looking at the github page it's indentation controlled, meaning your example above won't work right when you built it.
Good find! Fixed.

After something's died a death it doesn't mean to say it's dead.
Yeah, that bloke Rincewind told me the same.

Back